• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Another Bluetooth Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

glimerman

Premium Subscriber
just got the 14.99 ones from amazon today so far there not bad no loud beep but still think it vuts off the first half second of the call going to try more tonight and report back but this the best option so far

glimerman

Premium Subscriber
are these the $13.99 BT headphones that work without a major "incoming call" chirp?

https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Headphones-TOTU-Cancelling-Sweatproof/dp/B0762LRSQ8

yes these are the totu ear buds sport i got mine and to report back they do have a small beep they are junk in my opinion i walk 4 feet away they don't work much at all if u sit by the radio they do work but u still get a tiny beep on my g4 not happy at all with these , and i do love this pager but come on at the price of this thing they need to fix this or offer us a working head phone for a reasonable price im about to try the transmitter next
i am up all night and my family sleeps i need something to work so i dont wake everyone up

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
ABT?

@stevez97 I never saw your post till today. Yeah, the easy answer is one device has nothing to do with the other. Sounds like your G4/G5 Pager battery is either old or discharged. That's all I can figure, most likely has nothing to do with the other device.

stevez97

Premium Subscriber
@stevez97 I never saw your post till today. Yeah, the easy answer is one device has nothing to do with the other. Sounds like your G4/G5 Pager battery is either old or discharged. That's all I can figure, most likely has nothing to do with the other device.

Thank you for your response, however, I will point out that I run my G5 at work for 8 to 9 hours, then usually continue to monitor on my off time. Never do I experience anything that would be construed to be an improperly functioning battery. As we all know, one can easily use the G5 for 2 or 3 (or more?) days before needing a recharge.

The ONLY time the symptoms described occur is when the Bluetooth device is connected. Additionally, when the Bluetooth device IS connected, the symptoms as described occur each and every time. In my opinion, somehow the Bluetooth device is causing the shutdown of the G5.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Interestingly, I've tried to use this device and it initially works well for approximately 5 to 10 minutes, then my G5 goes totally dead, almost as if one pulled the battery out of it. No lights, no audio, no controls, no NOTHING. I must do a reset in order to "bring it back to life." I've tried NUMEROUS times and always get the same result.

Any thoughts on THIS unique behavior?

I've also seen similar behavior with my setup when using a BT headset.
My BT headset is made by Icom, Model VS3.

In my case, the VS3 will power itself off without warning after a few minutes of being paired with my G5. I can power it back on and it will pair immediately so it does not lose its pairing settings when this happens. It's kind of the opposite of what you see as my G5 stays running just fine. You only know this happened when audio starts coming from the G5 at a high volume level! I must run my headset with the G5 set to maximum volume to hear it well from the headset.
And, it does not always do this when paired to the G5. Sometimes it will stay paired for hours.

My batteries are both fully charged in both devices so it's not a battery issue.
The VS3 has never powered itself off when paired to any other device so this is weird but I figure it must have something to do with the BT implementation in the G5.

Another thing I wish could be changed is when using the Amplified Charging base for the G4/5. I mainly use my G5 for a VHF system. The signal level from the VHF system is not the greatest. I can only get a VHF signal into my G5 when using the charging base as that allows one to use an external antenna with their G4 or G5. The removable antenna on the G5 is only for the 7/800 MHz bands.

When the G5 is plugged into the charging base, all audio is routed out of the Charging Base only even if you have BT turned on in the G5 and were paired to a BT headset when you plug it into the charging base.
So much for using my G5 at night when I must be quiet and I want to monitor the weaker signal VHF system I monitor.

Maybe Unication will change this behavior in a future firmware update. It would be nice if they gave the user a toggle to select the charging base or headset for audio when a BT device is paired and the unit is plugged into the charging base. Oh well, it's not the end of the world but is a minor inconvenience with how BT is implemented in the G series pagers.

I don't know what to think about my headset powering itself off or your problem where the entire G5 shuts down and basically needs a hard reset to get working again. Something is causing this behavior.

AZhummer

yes these are the totu ear buds sport i got mine and to report back they do have a small beep they are junk in my opinion i walk 4 feet away they don't work much at all if u sit by the radio they do work but u still get a tiny beep on my g4 not happy at all with these , and i do love this pager but come on at the price of this thing they need to fix this or offer us a working head phone for a reasonable price im about to try the transmitter next
i am up all night and my family sleeps i need something to work so i dont wake everyone up

ok thanks! holding off. agreed on poor BT implementation on these devices. ugh!

glimerman

Premium Subscriber
ok update i got this in the mail today and some normal 7 dollar headphones
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01J1JQBG2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
i charged it up and it paired easy and to my surprise works perfect no beep no delay and sounds better then the normal pager with some cheap head phones.. it does not have a volume u just use the pager volume and it works great . i only used it 15 minutes and so far so good i will run it a few hours tonight and report back . i would recommend cheap ear buds or headphones i don't think it has a lot of power but works great so far

glimerman

Premium Subscriber
update used it for 4 hours tonight worked fine battery lasted scanner batter lasted no troubles this is the way to go to they fix this it works very good for 15 bucks and 6 bucks for a set of cheap head phones no delay at al

stevez97

Premium Subscriber
Have you pulled the battery, for at least five minutes, to reboot the firmware?

Sent using Tapatalk

Well..............I FINALLY got around to pulling the battery for about 10 minutes.

And you know what? It's working FINE now for the last hour or more. THAT WAS THE TICKET!

Thanks for the recommendation!

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Well..............I FINALLY got around to pulling the battery for about 10 minutes.

And you know what? It's working FINE now for the last hour or more. THAT WAS THE TICKET!

Thanks for the recommendation!
Unication suggests pulling the battery, any time there is a firmware change. (Not just programming.)

Sent using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.