Another screen problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

LS101

Had SDS 200 for about 3 months now with about 10 hours of use on it, i usually use my 996p2 which i don't have any trouble with simulcast. Had both scanners going and notice the sds stop picking any thing up i looked at it and the screen was on with nothing there it was like a PC screen that had very bad back light bleed all along the edges and it was bright, just a bright screen. I tried the button to cycle through the modes and still nothing until i shut off and turned back on OK now' ever thing back scanning now. Has anybody else ever had this happen to them. Chalk up another problem!!

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
Was it locked up (no sound when you pressed a button)? I know (eye roll) but try another SD card. Or at a minimum, do a clear user data and re-load.

LS101

No, pressing any buttons did nothing at all. There was no writing on the screen of any type,no sound, looked just like a PC screen that had very bad back lite bleed the screen wasn't even black.Think of a PC screen with a black back ground and you see light bleed all the way around the 4 edges whole screen looked that way minus the black. I would thing if it was a SD card problem something would have been at least on the screen to read even if it locked up like a computer. Turned off and back on and seems to be OK now. Just have to wait and see if it happens again.

LS101

Glad to hear your 996P2 is working good for you, mine is "Rock Solid" on the local simulcast systems.
Love my 966p2 my go to scanner, sound is so much better than SDS also. Said i wished i had the SDS200 to compare the two because i would have not even thought twice about buying the SDS. I think we must be one of the lucky ones to be in the right spot. for it to work as good as it dose.

Status
Not open for further replies.