Any scanner magazines left?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob550

Premium Subscriber
I used to subscribe to Monitoring Post and Scanners USA. There was even Popular Communications.
Now I don't see any scanner magazines out there or in bookstores or magazine racks like before.

Are there any magazines, period, anymore? :) I used to subscribe to "Popular Communications" as well as Bob Grove's "Monitoring Times". Neither has been in print for years, now. It's a shame to have lost these great publications! Even with the Internet, that has largely replaced print, it's tough to find that mix of hobby-related information and articles in one place.

Aero125

I think we are reading the closest thing right here online. Written by users, for users, with the occasional pinion section which must be sorted through.

Actual magazines for such a small target audience no longer make financial sense to publishers.

WQPW689

Sorry it's not a print magazine, but we cover scanners, scanning and more...

The Spectrum Monitor

- Chris

I'm not affiliated with SM in any way, but they get a big thumbs up from me. All the virtues of a full color glossy mag, downloadable monthly. Cover many radio related topics, including some historical stuff.

Interesting monthly read. On my third subscription year.

stingray327

Are there any magazines, period, anymore? :) I used to subscribe to "Popular Communications" as well as Bob Grove's "Monitoring Times". Neither has been in print for years, now. It's a shame to have lost these great publications! Even with the Internet, that has largely replaced print, it's tough to find that mix of hobby-related information and articles in one place.

Same exact thing happened to me when subscribing to Scanning USA and Monitoring times.

stingray327

I agree with you 100% on this.

ecps92

If you want old school :D
However many older folks have moved to kindles and e-readers and they support PDF files.

Saves on INK, altho let me know if you do go printing. I'll up my stock at Staples :cool:
So, if you really miss print magazines, I suppose you could print out the PDF each month. That is, if you have a good printer and an inexhaustible supply of ink anyway! :)

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
If you want old school :D
However many older folks have moved to kindles and e-readers and they support PDF files.

Saves on INK, altho let me know if you do go printing. I'll up my stock at Staples :cool:
I actually prefer reading these in the PDF file, since you can search the document as well as use the index to quickly jump to the topic or article of interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.