Shop Radioddity CB-606/CB-606 Pro CB Radio, a CB radio with UHF, VOX, 4W and 40 channels. Built for ham operators, emergency prep and field use.
www.radioddity.com
We all start somewhere. At this level of radio performance and an antenna 3-4’ it’s good enough for 1-2/miles.
This linked thread starts off with the usual discouragement and dissuasion. Been reading this crap 26-years online. Some of that is paid. Enemy doesn’t want you to have man-to-man comms without his permission (Internet). I took what I’ve learned as OTR driver and made it as broad-based an understanding of Who, What & Where as you’ll find online.
I never hear any trucker chit-chat on Ch19, even with two different types of scanners monitoring. As a kid in the 70's, CB radios were cool!
forums.radioreference.com
After a few years at RR and experience behind it my recommendation for a man wants to bypass the learning curve of buy, sell, trade, experiment, start-over (all FAR more expensive and frustrating) to get right into
high performance 11M mobile
A general: what should I recommend to friends who want high performance in Citizen Band? Let’s ballpark it at $500 entry. Will last longer than the time they own the automobile. Seatbelts, Concealed Carry, and CITIZEN BAND. This thread aimed at YOU, not the guy who knows even less. However...
forums.radioreference.com
Just four years ago this level was $1,200-plus.
@jctmadden started a year ago with a rig equivalent to yours up in Kentucky. Like me, it’s a business tool he uses daily. Wealth & Health.
Just wired up my first budget friendly radio (read: cheap). To no real surprise I don't get out very well, and I get a ton of noise. I thought I would Amazon my way out of it by adding the "best CB antenna" to my cart, but come to find out that isn't so straight forward. TO THE GOOGLES!! Three...
forums.radioreference.com
Learn what goals are worth listing.
Know what is meant by “high performance”. We do it systematically.
12V power
Antenna Design & Mount
Antenna Mount Location
Radio location & mount.
Coax system.
The radio itself (the individual component) is last and least.
The image (let’s not worry over accuracy just to illustrate a point) describes that we want our mobile rigs to capture as much of that “ground wave” as we can
despite dealing with
Skip when it interferes.
View attachment 183713
The Amateur Radio Mobile Installation Bible
“I jus wanna decent see-bee”.
It’s not so much a matter of how much money you put into it, it’s more a matter of
how much you put yourself into it.
Plenty of good men here willing to help. Different than hand-holding. You avoid some of our expensive mistakes and get a HP radio we
all of us have a better chance when far from home.
“Far from home” on a bad day could be less than five miles.
Enjoyment of camaraderie — gotta speak up, this ain’t passive entertainment — is what keeps us all in a shared awareness (“two or more gathered in My Name”).
.