• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Anytone AnyTone AT-D878UV PLUS programming cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

psavini

Premium Subscriber
I thought I would give DMR a try so I bought an AnyTone AT-D878UV PLUS. I was unable to get my Windows 10 computer to recognize the USB connection after installing the included driver, so I tried my Windows 10 laptop with the same result. Am I missing something simple, or could there be a problem with the radio or cable?

KE5MC

Not sure this will be much help. Recently a Win10 update choked on reboot and I had to do a PC software reset. I had to reload all of the applications not part of Win10 including the Anytone application for a 868. Like you I used the supplied driver and in the CPS the radio’s com port number would not be present. I tried removing the driver more than once and one decision point was to use the 32 or 64 bit drive, I tried both. During my research I ran across a presentation suggesting the Win10 driver might work. At some point I got frustrated and walked away for several days. During that time there was another Win10 update which was successful. Holding my breath I tried the CPS and attempted to connect the 868. Previously the system device panel would show the connection of the 868, but the associated numbered port would not show in the CPS, result no access to the radio. After that last Win10 update I just went with whatever the operating system found and when I started the CPS the new com port number showed and I was able to connect to the radio.

I can’t say what changed the attempts from fail to connect other than what I outlined above.

Good Luck!
Mike

psavini

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the tips so far. The radio is using firmware version 1.09 and Hardware version 1.00. The software that came with the radio is D878UV V1.19CPS Do I need to go online and find CPS version 1.09?

alcahuete

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the tips so far. The radio is using firmware version 1.09 and Hardware version 1.00. The software that came with the radio is D878UV V1.19CPS Do I need to go online and find CPS version 1.09?

1.19 might read it, it might not. Here is 1.09: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0833/9095/files/D878UV_V1.09.zip?14687375141940747688

Just keep in mind when you get things going that 1.09 is extremely old (2018), and I would HIGHLY recommend upgrading the radio to 1.19.

KE5MC

For my last Anytone installation I used the 868 link, but posted here the 878 one. Previously I used ConnectSystems for support, but several months back they dropped any support. I find Bridgecomsystems support to be more complete than ConnectSystem. In the long update cycle of the 868 I believe the best chance for a data disconnect between Firmware and CPS is the radio system level options. Depending on how firmware and CPS are out of sync, system level updates might not be viewed or changed between them. In the 868 CPS v1.37 the firmware update tool was taken out of the tool list and has to be done with the stand alone program. For me it was part of the zip file. I'm not sure what it will be for you in the 878 zip. Like the CPS the firmware updater will want you to pick the correct com port to connect to. Follow the included directions closely. The needed port number will show in the pick list only after the radio is plugged in and power on and PC gives you the connect tone if that feature is turned on. Originally my problem was radio connected, OS reported a new com port, but it never showed in the CPS pick list. I included a screen shot of the driver information. I did not load the included driver from the zip file after the last Win10 update. I went with what Win10 wanted to do and then the com port showed in the CPS and read and write with radio worked. The drive is dated 2006 in the attachment, but the usbser.sys file is data late 2019. Best I can tell is I'm using a MS Win10 driver without loading the driver in the zip file when I first started.

I agree with alcahuete to get your firmware and cps in sync first chance. I don't think that is keeping you from reading and writing to the radio. I don't recall the details of the 878 updates other that some significant issues were addressed. There might be a version change document on the Bridgecomsystem site.

You com port number is very likely not to be 7, very system dependent. I also always use the same USB port hardware connector. Using a different port usually assigns a different port number than previously assigned.

Good Luck!
Mike

868_Driver.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.