Aor 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

minofso

I own a AOR 2000 scanner which was bought around 1990. I haven't used the scanner for years but wanted to start using it again so I bought some new batteries, fully charged them and the scanner was back in use. The problem I now have with the scanner is that it works ok for around five minutes and then a buzzing sound will come through the speaker and then nothing can be received only the hissing or white noise. The scanner can still scan and search in this state but nothing can be received.
If I then switch the scanner off and then back on, channels can be received but after a short period the buzzing noise will again come on and and the channel will disappear with just white noise.
I have found how to perform a factory reset and have completed this but to no avail.
I have removed the batteries and just had the scanner working from the mains adaptor but it is still the same.
Does anybody have any ideas what could be wrong with this scanner please?

Thanks

VE6RHS

If the unit sat for years without power applied, chances are the electrolytic capacitors all need changing.

An experieced electronics tech. can look inside and see if that's the case in minutes....

minofso

Thanks for your reply, I will try and find someone to check it out.
Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.