Aor mini squelch

Status
Not open for further replies.

sydney2218

The squelch control no longer works as it should , cuts off the reception .I have done resets but it does not restore the original functions .Is there a way to reinstall the firmware ? Thanks

sydney2218

Well the squelch fully mutes all sound even on strong stations . Mainly air band reception. In Australia , seems no AOR service centre .Will bin it soo & avoid AOR .I have been using it for some years so i got used to its quirky set up & use. Many settings but never easy to set up banks of frequencies.

sydney2218

squelch

It has 10 levels 0 - 10 by turning the knob. Cuts off at .5 .You press the contol knob down & turn up/down the volume with first click down then squelch level.

sq5bpf

did you get any more info about this problem? (from aor or elsewhere)

my scanner doesn't work even with squelch at level 1 and a strong signal source on the same desk

sydney2218

reply re AOR MINI

Thanks for your replies ...i will write off this receiver as i have other receivers at hand & there is streaming air band available .The Android Apps for air band etc are good sources.

sq5bpf

thanks, but i wanted to service it myself. i would have to pay more just to send it to service than i paid for the scanner.

Ubbe

I would look for a tantal capacitor that gone bad in the squelch circuit. You can usually trace a wire going from the sq potentiometer to the part of the circuit board where the squelch circuit is.

CA42_Radial_Epoxy_Dipped_Tantalum_Capacitor.jpg

/Ubbe

Fast1eddie

Goofy receiver. Bought mine used, mainly because the price was right. Don't like the squelch action popping, but the size is right and makes for a nice covert package with my acoustic earpiece. I've found the radio can be very picky when the voltage drops, so maybe that is something to consider as well. Definitely replace the capacitor, should not be too big of a deal.

Book 'em Danno.

Status
Not open for further replies.