APRS SMS and EMAIL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys apologies. I am trying to help out someone. Can someone give me detailed instructions on how to send APRS message to EMAIL and SMS

Here is what I do on my TH-D74

1. Turning on APRS12 by Bressing (F) + 5
2. Pressing 4 to go to message list menu
3. Pressing Menu->New
4. In "To:" filed I type EMAIL cappital letters.
5. In "Message text" files i put email address then one space then message itself

Example:

youremail@gmail.com message goes here

6. Then press "Dual A/B" to send message.
7. Depends on how radio setup you may need to press number 6 BCN to send aprs data.

So what I am doing wrong ? To send SMS I use sms email number instead of actual email. For example for tmobile carrier you can send sms with email address by doing something like this 5552223344@tmomail.net

Thank you guys !!

KB3KBR

(ಠ_ಠ) (◣_◢) (。◕‿◕。)
Feed Provider
Guys apologies. I am trying to help out someone. Can someone give me detailed instructions on how to send APRS message to EMAIL and SMS

3. Pressing Menu->New
5. In "Message text" files i put email address then one space then message itself

Example:

7. Depends on how radio setup you may need to press number 6 BCN to send aprs data.

So what I am doing wrong ? To send SMS I use sms email number instead of actual email. For example for tmobile carrier you can send sms with email address by doing something like this 5552223344@tmomail.net

Thank you guys !!

the biggest thing is to make sure there is actually network where you are. also you could try EMAIL-2.

edweirdFL

In the setup of the D74 you specify which VFO (A or B) to use for APRS. Make sure you are using that one, and it's tuned to the frequency of the APRS digipeaters and I gates in your area. In my area of the US it is 144.390 FM simplex

I haven't done this myself as unfortunately my home and where I spend most of my time is outside of the coverage area. You can check for the locations of digipeaters and I gates near you by looking at the map on aprs.fi

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
I followed your example and it went through, with a change. It would be step 5.1 on your list. Press the ENT button before moving to step 6.

As others have noted, if there isn't anything close by to receive your signal, no go. Plus, an iGate is needed as well to pass the data/email.

3. Pressing Menu->New

Example:

Thank you guys !!

Status
Not open for further replies.