APRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

AC0RV

Feed Provider
I am looking for a way to view the APRS Signals (either via a APRS equipped or a device (or than a Laptop, IPad or Android type device) or radio (Anytone's 578uv Pro 3) on the Garmin 67LM Device.

Any Ideas

Big thanks.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Does the Garmin 67LM exchange NMEA0183 data via an RS-232 serial port? If the answer is "no", then the answer to your question is "no". There are only a few mapping GPS receivers available with serial ports.

If you would tell what your ultimate goal is, we can help steer you to the correct equipment.

AC0RV

Feed Provider
I just wanted to use the 65LM to see the APRS data on it. So that I had on one device to look at. So there I would not have clance down at another scene (device) and cause a possible accident.

Firekite

I just wanted to use the 65LM to see the APRS data on it. So that I had on one device to look at. So there I would not have clance down at another scene (device) and cause a possible accident
You don’t have to justify it. It’s just not possible to map APRS data on your Garmin Nuvi. It can give you directions and show you where you are on a map based on its GPS, and that’s it.

You can use aprs.fi on a tablet or other device, but otherwise I’m not sure what you’re asking (or for what purpose).

mrkelso

APRS: Automatic Packet Reporting System If you are a Licensed ham you can use a few different radio's and output the mapping to a monitor. I have 2 Kenwood 710G's but i have not tried to output either of them to a monitor. It makes for a good research project. I guess Google may be a friend in this respect.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Displaying APRS position reports on a Windows laptop or tablet is a relatively easy task that many of us use. It takes a Kenwood TM-D710 and, let's say, an older Microsoft Surface Pro 3 (maybe $500 or less on the used market) and the APRSISCE/32 or PinPoint APRS software and a cable to connect the radio and the computer. Another radio to consider would be a Kenwood TH-D72 handheld.

I do not know if the Anytone radio you have can send APRS position reports to an outside device over a serial port.

Status
Not open for further replies.