• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

APX 8000 Wifi inactive problem

Ghost90able

Recently tried configuring wifi connectivity on my apx 8000

wifi is enabled in cps and I am able to turn it on and off on the radio, but keep getting the message no service/unavalible.

looking in the IP Info menu I can see the interface wlan1 and it says inactive regardless of the wifi being on or off

anyone else having this issue? wifi is enabled in the flashcode.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber

wifi is enabled in cps and I am able to turn it on and off on the radio, but keep getting the message no service/unavalible.

looking in the IP Info menu I can see the interface wlan1 and it says inactive regardless of the wifi being on or off

Sounds like someone has used software they should not have to blow in a codeplug/feature set.
Bluetooth and WiFi inactive/unavailable can happen when the "D" software has been used with an APX. Only fix is a repair depot trip.

jmfirefighter

Sounds like someone has used software they should not have to blow in a codeplug/feature set.
Bluetooth and WiFi inactive/unavailable can happen when the "D" software has been used with an APX. Only fix is a repair depot trip.
Could be that he didn't put the SSID and WiFi passcode into the codeplug- it's more than just checking off the WiFi Enable box

If you enter service mode (five quick presses of the two-dot side button right after power up) do you have a WiFi and BT MAC Address showing? If not, then it's a depot trip. If you do, then you need to review the CPS help file to set up the WiFi SSID and key.

Ghost90able

Could be that he didn't put the SSID and WiFi passcode into the codeplug- it's more than just checking off the WiFi Enable box

If you enter service mode (five quick presses of the two-dot side button right after power up) do you have a WiFi and BT MAC Address showing? If not, then it's a depot trip. If you do, then you need to review the CPS help file to set up the WiFi SSID and key.
Both the Bluetooth and Wifi Mac addresses are shown

Wifi SSID and password have been setup already

What do you mean by "D" software?

Bluetooth still works fine, thats what I use for the majoriy of programming.

Ghost90able

Alright I figured it out, the APX 8000 or at least mine doesn't like to connect to a wifi network hotspotted by Windows 11. Setup an old router and it connected to it just fine. all is well again! thanks for everyones input.