• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

APX APX Scan Question / Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nbrundage617

Hello all, I am hoping to try and find a solution to an issue I have been running into. When im scanning my city fire talk groups, every now and then the beginning of the transmissions will get cut off. Im not sure if it is a setting that I can mess with in CPS or if there is another solution to this problem. I do not have the same issue when scanning police talk groups. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
I'll take a stab at it to get the ball rolling. There could be a few things going on. Is this scanning from a single trunked system? Both talkgroups are on the same site so it isn't scanning between systems which would scan between different control channels? Is it possible the police talkgroups are in a different scan list or ar they same? and then maybe its in need of a firmware update. The thing with moto firmware releases is it seems to sometimes introduce bugs. Stranger things have happened where a firmware updated fixed a slight issue.

Nbrundage617

Both the police and fire are on the same phase 1 p25 public saftey system. I have separate scan lists and zones set up for police and fire. For fire, all of the talkgroups are on the same system and same site. I had my unit serviced, firmware upgraded, tuned and aligned about 2 months ago. It is not that big of a deal, just a few second delay but I would love to try and fix it if I can.

scfd4

Zip tie technician
It may be hitting one of those and cutting it off

Nbrundage617

would it do that for one scan list and not another. my pd talkgroups dont get cut off ever and i have a priority channel set up on that scan list too

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
So when you're parked on say fire dispatch primary, is the beginning of transmissions from other fire channels in the scan list being cutoff during scan, but you can hear everything on the channel your parked on? Also is the primary fire channel you're parked on pretty busy?

Nbrundage617

I have it set up as NAS. It is not that busy of a system and it doesnt always happen but every now and then I will notice that the beginning of the transmission will get cut off.

Status
Not open for further replies.