• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

APX7000L speaker issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrothwell

I have an APX7000L that works great other than at medium to high volume I am hearing a vibration from the speaker. I took the speaker grille off and determined that it was the actual speaker that was making the vibration noise. It is not that noticeable but it drives me crazy. I'm usually very particular about slight noises and I asked someone else if they could hear it and he said no, all he could hear was the 'voices coming out of the speaker.' Is this normal for the 7000L? I started looking into a replacement speaker but unsure if that would solve the issue. Is the APX7000 speaker the same as the 7000L?

Thanks.

ResQguy

Meh
No, the 7000L uses a different speaker as the regular 7000 1W one would not fit with the LTE board in there.

jrothwell

No, the 7000L uses a different speaker as the regular 7000 1W one would not fit with the LTE board in there.

Thanks. Is a slight speaker vibration normal in these radios or do you think mine has an issue? I don't really know too much about speakers but could it be 'blown'? Any quick fix for the vibration or is the only option to replace it? I think I'm going to have a hard time finding a replacement as I have only come across regular 7000 speakers.

ResQguy

Meh
Thanks. Is a slight speaker vibration normal in these radios or do you think mine has an issue? I don't really know too much about speakers but could it be 'blown'? Any quick fix for the vibration or is the only option to replace it? I think I'm going to have a hard time finding a replacement as I have only come across regular 7000 speakers.

Honestly, no idea other than jamming something in there. That model radio has been cancelled by MSI. I do know there are some people on the motorola swapnet group on facebook that have 7000L parts available though.

jrothwell

Thanks. I posted on that Facebook group as well as another a few days ago and have had no luck. Anyone know of a compatible speaker? I was looking for the whole assembly so I can just snap this one out and replace but I'm not having a good time finding it. I inspected the speaker and can't find any visible issues with it or determine why it's making a vibration noise.

jrothwell

Thanks. I posted on that Facebook group as well as another a few days ago and have had no luck. Anyone know of a compatible speaker? I was looking for the whole assembly so I can just snap this one out and replace but I'm not having a good time finding it. I inspected the speaker and can't find any visible issues with it or determine why it's making a vibration noise.

I was able to find a replacement speaker assembly and I was disappointed to discover that it's pretty much identical. I find it hard to believe that 2 random speakers have the same issue so it leads me to believe that this is just how they are designed. It's very disappointing that they would use such cheap speakers. I have not heard of anyone else complain about this issue though; Maybe that's because the 7000L is kind of rare on the used market and public safety users are typically using a speaker/mic...and possibly, the regular 7000 does not have this issue? I don't have anything to compare it to and was hoping someone would have some advice or insight as to if this is normal or if I just have 2 bad speakers. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.