AR8200 Mk III sound to PC problem, please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

coenie777

First post, greetings to all.

I have used my AR8200 Mk III for some eight years now without any complaints.

I recently tried to hook it up to my PC with the AOR cable going through a serial to USB converter cable (the reason I never used this before).

I use the demo version of JAOR as this was the only software I could get to pick up the radio on the virtual port.

Problem is the sound. When I have the cable plugged in, it distorts any audio from the radio, much like the sound you get when you bump the volume on a feed too high. The funny thing is that it does not affect AM signals at all, only NFM signals.

I then tried feeding the audio into the PC via a 3.5mm audio jack. Same problem, AM fine but NFM almost drowned out by the distortion.

I have very limited technical knowledge on RF and hope someone can help with some suggestions.

And while we are at it, my "ENT" button (extreme right bottom of radio front) does not work for weeks on end. Then it would start to work again. I suspect that it may have something to do with the 8200PC cable cable I connect from time to time. Can software actually disable my radio on some functions? The button I refer to would push down without any effect. And it is only that button as far as I can tell.

johnr5329

When you use the 3.5mm jack and had distortion did you also have the usb convertor plugged in? Do you get distortion with nothing plugged in?

Status
Not open for further replies.