Ar8oo0-com port-win-2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCNRHEAD

Been running scancat gold ar8000 optolinx-cx12 since 1997, on win 98 had no problem's. Got an old a lap top (dell inspiron 7000) running nt pro 2000 now having comm port problems. Can download from scanner but doesn't work to communicate from computer to scanner to run scancat. Talked to scancat said 2000 had differant com port configuers than 98 (some work some don't; tried newer version to no availe. Still doesn't communicate. Went to all the old threads seen direct i/o might work, but looks pretty complicated lucky i can point and click !!! Thought i seen something about the com port might be programed for a modem, if so how do i change it. I see under modems one says lpt1. Did have scancat work for a short time at first.
Also my ar8000 has the female plug added to reaction tune my scout, thought i seen in a thread that someone used it to replace the flat flex cable to connect it to his opto box, talked to optoelectroics they said it wouldn't work. Can any body tell me were i could send my ar8000 to have a mini plug put in to eliminate the ffc, and how would i hook it to my optolinx box. Thants for any input you have.
Ar8000
gre500
pro-2042
pro-95
thanks again, marv

Status
Not open for further replies.