ARC-Easystream

Status
Not open for further replies.

KI4LIV

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jun 5, 2005
Messages
354
Reaction score
15
Location
Melbourne, FL
Anyone planning on setting up Easystream for streaming their scanner?

I used to run on teamspeak over at www.scannerbuff.org, where they have numerous agencies being fed into a high bandwidth reflector, but it used a measily 1.5k stream!

I must admit though, it was really nice to have LAPD, LASO, NYPD, Etc etc etc all in one non-stop shop for listening! The audio quality wasn't the best, but it was definately understandable considering how little bandwidth it used! I fed Brevard County Sheriff's Department through it to their system, but alas, my work PC died and I ended up bringing my feed server into the office - been running off of it ever since (cheap bastards of a company that I work for!)

Gommert, how much bandwidth is used by this app?

Jon/ KI4LIV
 
Last edited:

pboy

Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
640
Reaction score
7
fmon said:
Brian and Scanner_Freak,
I too have Linksys, but don't have anything in the control panel or program files for those setup dialogs. Where are they located?
Access via your Internet browser.

Put http://192.168.1.1 in the address bar. It will bring up a password dialog. Enter default pass word of admin.

While you're in there, it's a good idea to change that default password!
 

Chrome69

Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2005
Messages
911
Reaction score
3
Location
Ontario, Canada
Thanks guys for all your help, Have a question? Why doesn't the client store addresses it only stores the last one used and thats it.. Bit of a pain in the ass to switch IP's
 

scannerfreak

Well Known Member
Database Admin
Joined
Jul 3, 2003
Messages
5,193
Reaction score
20
Location
Indiana
We said the same thing in this thread above and we were told that it will be for future use to store a list of known servers. Why it can't in the meantime be used to save recent URLs is beyond me..
 

pboy

Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
640
Reaction score
7
Chrome69 said:
Scanner_Freak when you listened to my feed did you hear a hummmm in the audio?

Sorry to say as I listen now there is a hum.

It even shows as bars in the status window when talkgroups drop.
 

pboy

Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
640
Reaction score
7
Chrome69 said:
k i have to get a new audio cable next week as well figure out where to put the new tower
Your feed sounds great even with the hum (not that objectionable).

A little signal chop. Is that what the new tower is about to cure?
 

Chrome69

Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2005
Messages
911
Reaction score
3
Location
Ontario, Canada
no i wanted to set this up on a seperate machine (Tower)which it is.. I have to buy a good audio cable thats why the hum. I will be shutting it down soon but now I know what i need to get this puppy running correctly. The only problem is still where to place the computer tower and i guess i will have to move the scanner closer to it as well... You guys would laugh at how i have things hooked up right now. God i hate rewiring up my computer room..lol
 

KC1UA

This ain't gettin us noplace, we'll have to blast!
Database Admin
Joined
Oct 27, 2002
Messages
2,381
Reaction score
1,397
Location
Marstons Mills, Cape Cod, Massachusetts
Your hum can likely be eliminated by the addition of a Ground Loop Isolator. These are available at Radio Shack and can also be searched up on EBay. I found a few on EBay for about $2.00 each and hacked them for use with 1/8" jacks and plugs. They work dandy.

The Radio Shack part number is 270-054 and retails for $16.99.

A good EBay source can be found at: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-GROUND-LOOP...4586371QQihZ008QQcategoryZ50552QQcmdZViewItem

Those were $1.99 plus shipping.

This will almost certainly eliminate any hum issues on your feed; they've worked like a champ for me every time.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top