ARC396 file

Status
Not open for further replies.

manross

I'm going to be coming back for a visit at the end of May to the Colorado Springs area. I just got a new BCD396T scanner and I'm not real confident that I got everything programmed correctly for Colorado Springs. :confused: Does anyone have a ARC 396 file for the Springs area including the State Patrol that they would send my way. My email is below. It would be very appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Marty

manross@martysrcboats.com

manross

Bump.....anybody else??? I tried to download the sites etc from RR.com into ARC396, but it just doesn't look right and of course I have no way to check it till I get back there. The info looks nothing like what the info looks in my Win96 file, so that is the reason I'm asking for a little help......

Marty

manross

n0doz said:
Since the RR info comes from the guys around here (CO) I'd go with RR.

That is my plan, but like I said it just doesn't look right to me. Probably my unfamiliarity of ARC396, but I only have a short time to learn it before going back to visit and want to use the new 396. I guess the worse thing that can happen is I tote both the 396 and the Pro96 back. I know the Pro96 is correct, it's what I used prior to moving out here.

If anyone has the Springs ARC396 file I still would appreciate a copy to compare.

Marty

manross

Bumpidy bump......
What's surprising is I always thought that there was more Uniden users in the Springs than there were RS users. Must not be the case. Hope you guys don't mind,but I'll keep trying.....thanks

Marty

PRO2006

manross said:
Bump Bump Boo

I also try to scan while traveling but the information out there is never enough to simply upload and enjoy. It can take days or weeks to really know how to scan a county, let alone a city or state. It is really why we call it a hobby, as our individual interests are varied and no single upload will let you hear only what you want to hear. You will find a consistent lack of response when enthusiasts ask about a particular region when passing through the area.

I am not trying to kill you post, but RR and uploads are really just a starting point. There is so much more to learning the talkgroups, codes, the units, and the locations of calls.

The RR has CSP and all of the Colorado Springs system listed in detail. Pull out what you want, program, and enjoy.

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=2471

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=329

Bill

manross

PRO2006 said:
I also try to scan while traveling but the information out there is never enough to simply upload and enjoy. It can take days or weeks to really know how to scan a county, let alone a city or state. It is really why we call it a hobby, as our individual interests are varied and no single upload will let you hear only what you want to hear. You will find a consistent lack of response when enthusiasts ask about a particular region when passing through the area.

I am not trying to kill you post, but RR and uploads are really just a starting point. There is so much more to learning the talkgroups, codes, the units, and the locations of calls.

The RR has CSP and all of the Colorado Springs system listed in detail. Pull out what you want, program, and enjoy.

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=2471

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=329

Bill

Hmmm well in my posts I have said why I am asking for a file (1) " I just got a new BCD396T scanner and I'm not real confident that I got everything programmed correctly for Colorado Springs." (2) " I tried to download the sites etc from RR.com into ARC396, but it just doesn't look right and of course I have no way to check it till I get back there. The info looks nothing like what the info looks in my Win96 file, so that is the reason I'm asking for a little help......"

It's not a matter of learning the TG's etc. Your statement " It can take days or weeks to really know how to scan a county, let alone a city or state." is the very reason I'm asking for help since I won't be there more than a few days. Whenever I lived in the Springs I had numerous people ask for my files for their vacations and I never minded to send them what I had. Maybe it wasn't exactly what they wanted or in the order they wanted, but they appreciated what they got. I enjoyed helping them. I guess I look at the hobby differently than other people do. I enjoy sharing the limited knowledge I have for the asking and usually get the same in return. Oh well to each their own. I guess I'll stop asking since it must be futile to begin with and it's starting to bug people.

ADMINS please lock this post

Marty

PRO2006

Sorry Marty, I was not trying to be negative. I think people are more than willing to help if they have what you need. The thread had a lot of views and apparently that right person is not here.

I have a decent local file for your PRO-96 if you want it. Just send me a PM with your email address.

mike_webb59

I have a FreeScan file for the 396T for the Bouldre area. I can read that into the Uniden Bearcat software if needed. That should be a start. Send a PM with an email link.

HTH, Mike

mpdonala

Premium Subscriber
Marty I have not forgotten you. i will try to get that file to you tonight! Work + School = No time at finals. Yes I am to old to be going back to school for the people that know me. Mark

manross

I truely wasn't pee ode with anyone, just frustrated I guess. Like I said I've exchanged numerous Win96 files with people when I lived in the Springs, but when I got a 396 and couldn't get much action on getting one of those files for my vacation back there, it just frustrated the heck out of me.
I thank all that responded and will take whatever anyone has to offer, so I can compare and see if I'm close to having this right. The main thing that confused me was when I downloaded the info from RR, it made multiple identical systems with identical groups. The only difference I could find was different frequencies. So what I did was took all of the different frequencies from all of the systems and groups and added them to just one system and its groups. This was unfamiliar to me as I've never seen this done in Win96. I was just wanting someone else's ARC396 files to compare to the one I made to see if I was right.
Again thanks to all. If you want to send something please send to below. replace the "at" with an "@"
manross at martysrcboats.com

Marty

Last edited:

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
It's nothing personal. Really.

What you are running into is that the Colorado Springs/El Paso County area was an early adopter of ASTRO 25 (3600). At the time the choices for true P25 (9600) portable scanners were the BC296D and the PRO-96 way before the 396 saw the light of day. Since that area is not beholden to 700 MHz there's really no motivation for people to chuck the early model scanners for the latest and greatest.

Phil.

manross

scanlist said:
It's nothing personal. Really.

What you are running into is that the Colorado Springs/El Paso County area was an early adopter of ASTRO 25 (3600). At the time the choices for true P25 (9600) portable scanners were the BC296D and the PRO-96 way before the 396 saw the light of day. Since that area is not beholden to 700 MHz there's really no motivation for people to chuck the early model scanners for the latest and greatest.

Phil.

Well hell there is the explanation!!!! That makes total since. Thank you very much for sharing your insight. I did get a few files in emails to me that I'll try later this evening and see how they look.
Thanks to all for their effort.

Marty

Status
Not open for further replies.