ARC396PRO Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitbob3

Why is the issue/problem of the Trunked Systems still not resolved??? What I mean is all these upgrades lately/recently, and still no fix to the Illinois StarCom 21 System being out all out of order/whack. If you compare the ARC996PRO to the ARC396PRO, you will see how confusing and messed up it really is (The ARC996PRO is in sync and uniformed). It makes it a real pain in the @$$!!! Also, why hasn't there been a patch/update for the ARC396PRO to show the frequency numbers on the scanner when it locks on a channel??? I know it has space for this on the display!!! The ARC996PRO shows them, so why not the ARC396PRO???

P.S. I have already sent an email to both Uniden & Butel, but thought I would post the same message here, so more people/persons can respond to them as well on this matter directly.

http://www.butel.nl -Click on the Contact Section on the left side of the page.
http://www.mycusthelp.com/uniden -From here, click on Send an Email.

:confused:

nitbob3

Update

The 396 and 996 are different scanners, the 996 is a 'multi-site' scanner so that explains the
difference. ARC396 can not change this, this is all firmware not software.

Also ARC396 does display the frequency when you use the scanner under Virtual Control. The fact that
the scanner does not do this is firmware and you have to contact Uniden for firmware change
requests.

Kind regards,

Gommert Buysen-From Butel
www.butelsoftware.com

P.S. I will be contacting Uniden again regarding this. Further info. to come. ;)

nitbob3

Finger Pointing If You Will-How Funny

Response back from Uniden: (We can not assist you, nor does Uniden support 3rd party software products such as Butels ARC software).

New letters I sent out to both Butel & Uniden:

Butel: In reference to the issues I discussed with the BCD396T/ARC396PRO that I mentioned to you yesterday Gommert, it is hysterical how you say that it is not a Software problem at all, but a Uniden Firmware flaw. Then when I contacted Uniden about it directly, they said it is Butel who is at fault. Just thought you should know!

Uniden: In reference to the issues I discussed with the BCD396T/ARC396PRO that I mentioned to you yesterday Uniden, it is hysterical how you say that it is not a Software problem at all, but a Butel Software flaw. Then when I contacted Butel about it directly, they said it was Uniden Firmware who is at fault. Just thought you should know!

:mad:

nitbob3

Case Closed

Neither have responded. Refused further comment on the matter. I guess 396'ers will just have to live with that fact that it bites compared to the BCD996T (Software/Firmware/Hardware/Etc.). Order/Udder chaos when using Internet/Trunked System-Out of whack (StarCom 21) and no frequency appears on the display (Conventional I mean) as do both with the 996. View pic. End Of Line-LOL

:evil:

Attachments

• StarCom21.JPG
    StarCom21.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 352
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.