ARC500 Pro Logging Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

rk911

Rich
Premium Subscriber
using ARC500 Pro to log hits on my Pro197. i'm logging hits on an updated P25 system using the * wildcard TG symbol.

the P25 system in question (StarCom in illinois) already exists but is adding a host of new agencies in DuPage County. i'm using the * symbol to search for those new talkgroups in the existing StarCom P25 system.

using the virtual control/logging feature of ARC500 Pro i find that each instance of a talkgroup is being logged. this is making it difficult to easily see new talk groups. my ARC396 Pro software has an option to 'Log Every Event In History Grid'. when checked a separate log entry will be created each time TG 'X' is heard. when unchecked the software will create a new log entry the first time a TG is heard and it will update the log entry each subsequent time that same TG is heard. this reduces the overall number of log entries making it really easy to not only see new talk groups but how often each TG was heard.

i don't see/can't find a similar option in ARC500 Pro. there is an option to 'Log and Lockout' which would work if i wasn't searching for new TGs using the * symbol. if i use this option it locks out the * symbol the first time it's heard.

Gommert, if you monitor this forum can you please add this functionality to the ARC500 Pro package? everyone else...is there a work around to accomplish what i'm trying to do?

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
I have asked this question a couple of times about why ARC500PRO logs every single hit, rather than the total number of hits, as an option, like ARCXTPRO or ARC536PRO. I have seen no response from BUTEL on this, but perhaps I am missing something.
Again, now that I have been using my PRO-197 and a PRO-652 for some scanning, running vitrual control with ARC500PRO, but every event is getting logged, instead of a running total. I know in ARCXTPRO you can turn off logging of subtones and this won't happen. But I cannot find out how to do this with ARC500PRO.
Any comments or help appreciated.

blangell

Steve I had sent Gommert an e-mail when this problem surfaced back in mid October of last year. As a matter of fact I posted a response to the questions regarding the 1's and 0's at that time. He thanked me and said he would look into it, he may have gotten side tracked and forgotten about it. Maybe he could use another small nudge

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
Brian,
Thanks for the response. Will wait to see if Gommert answers this question here. Maybe this will be another nudge. I'm really surprised because there are obviously many who are using GRE/RS/Whistler units and ARC500, and I presume virtual control, so I would think this basic issue would not be a problem.
I often don't have time to listen and resort to logging of a lot of activity. Never been a problem with other ARC virtual control, but the 500 shows a bunch of 0s and 1s, not really useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.