ARc500 Software:

Status
Not open for further replies.

donnor1

Hello: I just purchased the ARc500 Scanner Programming Software and the right cabel USB cable and have two problems. First, for some reason I do not think the software is regonizing my Radio Shack Pro-106 because nothing can be read from the scanner (I have paid RadioReference for use of the data base) but I can cut and copy Freq. into the sotware but not into the scanner? Second I click the RR button in the sotware and sign in and it will not show any data? So sure hope someone can help me, but mostly how can I tell if the ARc500 software is reconizing my scanner. Thank you for any help. Don.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Make sure you installed the drivers for the USB-1 cable and have selected the correct Com Port.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I think you mean either the RS or GRE cable, don't you? The USB1 is for the Uniden scanners?? 73 Mike

garys

Premium Subscriber
I think you mean either the RS or GRE cable, don't you? The USB1 is for the Uniden scanners?? 73 Mike

Uh, yeah. Sorry, I got confused. Still, he needs to make sure that the drivers are installed and that the Com Port is configured, no matter which type of scanner it is.

donnor1

Hello and thank you for the help so far. OK I have a GRE USB cable which came with a 3 inch cable with a female end and a male in to plug into the scanner and I am running Windows 7 and when I plug the cable in Windows 7 installed the drivers automatially. So I tried the see if it detected my scanner but no luck so I uninstalled that driver and used the CD driver and installed that and again no luck. OH how do i configure the Com Port ??? I was e-mail Bu-Tel makers of the software and he says I am using the wrong cable to connect from the scanner to the GRE cable says I need a 1/8 stero connector. So I am completely confused I will try to buy the cable I just menstioned but again I do not know how to CONFIGURED THE COM PORT???. OK hope to hear back from you and agan thank you for the help. Don.

Status
Not open for further replies.