Arizona Database Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

STiMULi

RadioReference 2.0 is getting closer to fruition and with all of the effort that Lindsay is putting in to the site it will serve to give us more information in a more usable format. Much of this is information is already there and just needs to be translated into the different file formats that will be used. As stated in previous threads the site is becoming a subscription site in regards to extra added value searching, reporting, and downloading functions in relation to the database.

The Arizona database is a great resource for many of the common frequencies that traditional scannists seek. There is also a great depth of other information for trunked systems and frequencies from the lesser known agencies. However much of the information is incomplete. We need to start adding the inputs, tones, better descriptions, channels, modes and licenses.

Before reading any further please first read the following WIKI for Database Submission guidelines:

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/RR_Database_Submission_Guidelines

Below is additional information that will help speed the process.

CONVENTIONAL

Please use the format below when submitting new entries

Output Input License Type Tone Channel Description Mode
(Remember to use 2 spaces or a tab between fields)

Please add any information you have for any of the above fields.

Type refers to radio mobility.

Tone RR uses a specific format. Below are examples*:

Standard PL Tone
156.7 PL
Standard Digital PL Tone
037 DPL
No Tone
CSQ
(* Note the single space between the tone and the tone type)

Channel The entry should be numeric

Description More information is better than less

Mode refers to the modulation type. RR uses this following format:

FM
APCO
AM
FMN
Telm

TRUNKED

Dec Display Description

Display should be no more than 16 characters (many scanners use less but it is easier to delete than add)

Description More information is better than less

If any frequency or agency uses encryption (even part time) please note it in the description.

If you find that additional information needs to be added or agencies or information needs to be regrouped for clarity or usability please state so here. If you would like to add Maps, 10 codes or other information that will assist the listener please let us know in this thread. Even the smallest update or addition is important.

Thank you for your time and effort!

sniperbob

These are all talkgroups in the PRWN on Simulcast D.

These ones appear to be Mesa city utilitys on Simulcast D:
3716 gas?
3732 trash?

These are PD channels that show up on Simulcast D.
2915 Encrypted
2921 Encrypted
2945 Encrypted
2954 Encrypted
2977 Encrypted
3046 Encrypted
3104 Encrypted

enjoy

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
Thank you to everyone submitting updates.

John
SE of Tucson
Arizona Database Administrator

cbadie

Database subscriptions for AZ?

Hey folks, now that I got my new GRE scanner working, and plan to hookup an attic antenna in the next couple of days, I'm curious to know if the RR databases include a comprehensive list of freqs that I can pickup in the Phoenix area....something downloadable.

I would be willing to fork over the subscription fee if there is enough info in there now. Our local radio shop was kind enough to program initially for me, but it "only" included their latest list of public service and media....I'm looking for things like govt freqs that I can pickup in the Phx area, Luke afb, and of course anything new that pops up.

Thanks,
Clark

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
Clark,

Go here: http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=100

That will bring you to Maricopa County. You'll also find at the bottom of the page, the links to the Trunked Systems in Maricopa County. You must pull these up separately to get to the data.

That should be worth the subscription to download it to your software.

cbadie

WOW! I see that there is a bunch to upload. Looks like I can also save to Excel for use on my ICOM PC controlled radio as well. Seems like a no brainer, thanks for the info.

The PHX network looks like a bear to "decode" meaning I need to learn what it all means.....

Thanks again,
Clark

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
Clark,

We've got a pretty good group here in Arizona. A good majority from the Phoenix area. Ask away and I'm sure someone will be able to help you.

Have fun !

cbadie

I think I'm getting the idea, but wondering what the color coding in the chart really means, and how it affects what I can/can not listen to.

Thanks!

Attachments

• PhoenixPD_Web.jpg
    PhoenixPD_Web.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 4,043

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
Someone, prior to me, posted these when the system first came out. This is a radio breakout for different units/teams/detectives, etc. If you follow the heading and go down the column, you'll see what is programmed into the radios. The ID's are what the officers see on their respective radios. I don't know how current this is :<

Hope that helps,

wlmr

Someone, prior to me, posted these when the system first came out. This is a radio breakout for different units/teams/detectives, etc. If you follow the heading and go down the column, you'll see what is programmed into the radios. The ID's are what the officers see on their respective radios. I don't know how current this is :<

Hope that helps,

There's a file for City of Phoenix talkgroups in the Arizona Scanner yahoo group that is dated 12/19/05 & it has the C4 through C9 talkgroups listed.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ArizonaScanner/

The chart here is older than that. Initially C4 (TAC4) through C9 (TAC9) were encrypted before the news media asked PD to make them clear and that initial setup is in the chart. It appears to be that anything that's colored is likely encrypted because looking at the info for the system here, nothing has been reported as being heard whenever a radio user switched away from the A, B, C decks, channels 4 through 9. Not a clue how accurate or not the rest of the chart is due to it's age.

cbadie

There's a file for City of Phoenix talkgroups in the Arizona Scanner yahoo group that is dated 12/19/05 & it has the C4 through C9 talkgroups listed.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ArizonaScanner/

...nothing has been reported as being heard whenever a radio user switched away from the A, B, C decks, channels 4 through 9. Not a clue how accurate or not the rest of the chart is due to it's age.

Thanks for the link, I have joined that group! I also set a hit counter on the "other than" A/B/C decks just to see what comes in, if anything.

Clark

wlmr

Thanks for the link, I have joined that group! I also set a hit counter on the "other than" A/B/C decks just to see what comes in, if anything.

Clark

Should be interesting to see if anything shows up - the Fiesta Bowl game is today. Past years there was some discussion about some other talkgroups that were active during the bowl games and Superbowl both on PRWN and Glendale's systems.

cbadie

WHen I got the radio programmed at HRO, they had one scanlist for Phoenix PD and had included simulcast A as the control freqs. I added simulcast E since I live in the west valley - does that hurt or help my reception? Does it matter? Curious....

Thanks,
Clark

rwier

I think I'm getting the idea, but wondering what the color coding in the chart really means, and how it affects what I can/can not listen to.

Thanks!

I have been successfully (although with broken up reception) monitoring the Maricopa P-25 System for some time with an absolute dependence on the information below the colored chart. I have never understood, tried to understand, or given any heed to the colored chart.

I recently purchased a HP-1, and now I am hearing complete sentences. I still never more than glance at the pretty colored graphic.

Rob

rwier

WHen I got the radio programmed at HRO, they had one scanlist for Phoenix PD and had included simulcast A as the control freqs. I added simulcast E since I live in the west valley - does that hurt or help my reception? Does it matter? Curious....

Thanks,
Clark

I only have two sites active at once, A (for the pd) and B (for the FD, K Deck channels only). They do not seem to interfere with each other in any way.

However, If I were in the far West Valley, I would turn on Site G and turn off Site A. I think those two at the same time might deteriorate your reception. I can't find Site E in the RR DB?

Again, you will have to point me to E, if that's what you meant.

What would you be trying to monitor on A, that is not on G?

Me too, curious.
Rob

radioprescott

Premium Subscriber
Again, you will have to point me to E, if that's what you meant.

What would you be trying to monitor on A, that is not on G?

Me too, curious.
Rob

E merged with G - it is now one site: Simulcast G. You would use it for the West Valley area agencies, including Peoria, Buckeye, El Mirage and Suprise, who may not regularly affiliate with Simu A.

KB7MIB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; U; en-US) Gecko/20081217 Vision-Browser/8.1 301x200 LG VN530)

Does Glendale (PD and/or city services) have TG's on the RWC now? Around the time of the Fiesta Bowl, I was hearing mulitple TG's in the 4600-4700 range relating to traffic control around Westgate/University of Phoenix stadium, and even airport operations

KB7MIB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; U; en-US) Gecko/20081217 Vision-Browser/8.1 301x200 LG VN530)

I heard: 4690, 4692 (airport), 4695 (traffic control), 4696, 4698 (public works), 4699 (public works), 4726 (encrypted), 4727 (Fiesta Bowl related), 4731. All on Simulcast G.

Status
Not open for further replies.