ARMER Department of Human Services Talkgroups

19-685

I see talkgroup ID's 455, 459, 460, 461 listed under Department of Human Services.

However the alpha tags and descriptions seem to point to these being used for Emergency Management (aka DHS - Department of Homeland Security) purposes.

Can anyone positively confirm these are indeed used by Department of Human Services vs Department of Homeland Security/Emergency Management?

Building a Butel file for a friend in the metro area.

Thanks in advance for comments/information.

19-685Untitled.jpg

tadsmith

Premium Subscriber
I haven't recorded any clear calls on any of those channels in the past 2 months on Ramsey or City Center. Broadcastify Calls has one call for 460 at 8/13/2024 4:01:41 PM that seems like maybe was a glitch where it recorded a second of an encrypted call. The others haven't been seen by Broadcastify in the past year.

463 is definitely being used my MN DHS (Department of Human Services)

mmtstc

Ø
Premium Subscriber
HSEM talkgroups are generally in the MnDPS range (50-140ish). DPS has a couple talkgroups (aside from greater MN State Patrol districts) that are outside of that range.

Human Services has their own rather sizable Emergency Management team separate from HSEM and are the primary users of DHS talkgroups as they coordinate a number of impactful programs to the states natural and manmade disaster response. DHS also has talkgroups and users at the Minnesota Sexual Offenders Program (MSOP) sites in Moose Lake and St. Peter that they run (these are not Corrections operated facilities).

There are a number of state agencies that operate their own Emergency Management teams beyond this (PCA, Corrections, National Guard, Transportation, etc), but most of them either are not ARMER users, utilize shared agency ARMER talkgroups, or are on an encrypted talkgroup with DES or better encryption. You will find most EM teams (State, County, City, Industry) that actively use ARMER generally use stapped encrypted because of their varied and sensitive work portfolios or will be soon.