ARRL Printed Magazines Message

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Somebody is getting the $7.2 million in Salaries, compensation and benefits.
Form 990, Part IX:
Line 5 Compensation of current officers, directors, trustees, and key employees$524,860
(Note that the CEO's salary is in here.)
Line 6 Compensation not included above-0-
Line 7 Other salaries and wages$5,276,676
($4,223,929 went to program service expenses while $848,967 went to management and general expenses.
ARRL HQ has somewhere around 80 employees.)
Line 8 Pension plan accruals and contributions$233,555
Line 9 Other employee benefits$191,066
Line 10 Payroll taxes$989,594
Total brought forward to Part I, Line 15$7,215,751
(Note that this is about $19,000 less than last year.)

pandel

"My renewal mail was earlier and made no distinction as to digital or print options. I actually got a separate renewal letter from QEX this year which was odd. I mulled over simply renewing the QEX, but in the end, renewed both on line and the prices and description mirrored the renewal letter. In the past couple years I have renewed on line and both times had difficulty with their billing software. My log in creds would not work."

pandel

I got several similar renewal letters and was also unable to contact the ARRL either by email (mtpl. times) which they never had the Courtesy to reply to, or by their site which I was never able to log into. See above emails same response.
I just wrote something I shouldn't write here on the renewal notices and sent them back. Never heard from them again!

RFI-EMI-GUY

I got several similar renewal letters and was also unable to contact the ARRL either by email (mtpl. times) which they never had the Courtesy to reply to, or by their site which I was never able to log into. See above emails same response.
I just wrote something I shouldn't write here on the renewal notices and sent them back. Never heard from them again!
Yeah. So far zero response to my email to HQ.

MStep

Perhaps this has been mentioned in previous posts, but it appears that the ARRL is on a suicide mission to self-destruct the organization as quickly as possible. What will happen to the advertising rates that the ARRL charges it advertisers when it reduces it's printed copies by 60 or 70% ?

In terms of an on-line edition. many of us are so accustomed to turning off the advertising that appears on Internet pages that many of those ads barely get a quick glance because of all the spam we are so accustomed to seeing on the Internet. I imagine that many of QST's advertiser's products will decline in sales as the printed pages transfigure themselves into Internet oblivion.

And speaking about the toilet--- isn't that where many of us read our QST printed editions--- in the "reading room" ? Isn't that where we go to glean information from ham radio advertisers? I prefer to sit there with my printed QST, and not with some tablet or laptop. Just not compatible with my bowl.

I personally think it is a bad idea to go to a two-tier QST subscription service. To paraphrase an old toilet slogan, "Some come here to sh*t and stink, but I come here to sit and think"... think about my next amateur radio purchase.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
For any of you having trouble with your ARRL membership renewal or magazine selection, call them at 860-594-0200 or 888-277-5289. In my experience, a phone call works much better to resolve customer service issues than email.

pandel

Only if they answer. They never did for me.....
"Leave a message" we'll ignore you when we return.