Asheville Radio Shack gets a gold star today

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaFive

Good news for Asheville, one of the city Radio Shacks gave me a flashback to olden times. I went in today not expecting to find an adaptor for the antenna jack on the back side of my 36 year old Pro 2020, but I figured it was fun to watch them when I asked for one...Well, not only was it there, so was RG 8 coax, cough, not 6. Now here's the kicker. Since I was on a roll I wanted to see if any scanners were on display. There was one Uniden 396, I slyly asked about a 436. The clerk knew what it was, and told me "yeah, the 396 isn't the newest, but it's close". A gold star for them...there is hope for Asheville.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
As a former Radio Shack employee in my youth kudos to that specific store for
having someone behind the counter that knew more than which cellphone was on sale. :)
To show you how long ago it was that I worked for the company I remember selling the Pro 2006 on clearance at my location :cool:

Marshall KE4ZNR

AlphaFive

Radio Shack

Roger that, it made me happy. I still have a real attachment to the chain, when I started scanning, I relied on them for everything. Both information and supplies. I just figured everybody could use a little bit of good news today, take care

Status
Not open for further replies.