asm manchester freqs

Status
Not open for further replies.

angel1

I am not sure if the frequency lcn for asm manchester is correct I ve been listining and they hardly ever talk ,i mean it is absolutely dead ,does anyone know if it is right? do they ever get any calls?

cg

Premium Subscriber
That is not the main dispatch for ASM. While I don't know what the one posted in the database is for, I do know that they are on the Passport system. This is still Marcus's system but is not trunktrackable by any scanner.
Here is this system:
http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=TRSDB&sid=4117

The HOME channel (main freq) for the Bolton site is 464.9375. The problem is that you will hear all other system users.

chris

Chris0381

Last night Manchester Ambulance service came on for maybe a second or 2 at the most. The frequency was 464.800 and it was loud and clear but I didn't get what they were really saying because the comm. was so fast.

This is the first time Ive logged them and I won't remove them from my channel yet but it appears they are mostly silent "and let that be a good thing I believe".

Chris0381

I have to add that the system you are talking about may be the truncked system and not the frequency I mentioned. What I read is that the Marcus system is trackable but only the LTR part and not the Passport part which I read is a minor problem. Maybe I'll give programming it a shot in the next week or 2.

cg

Premium Subscriber
I don't know where you read that it is a minor problem but it is not minor.

Passport is an improved version of LTR. It allows a system to do many things that conventional LTR will not do. However, because the protocol is different, it cannot be trunktracked. What this means is that you have to listen to every conversation on a fairly busy system in order to hear the units you wish to. This includes taxis, landscapers, contractors, prison vans as well as the ambulances. Then when you get an ambulance conversation, you cannot just sit on that channel. The first user that keys the radio gets the HOME channel. Someone on another talkgroup that talks at the same time gets pushed to another freq. The channels the replies are on will depend on who keys up first.

Then to top it all off, there is an annoying keyup every few seconds on almost every channel. Some folks will try not having a delay but you will still hear them.

The traffic that the Passport system carries is the ASM/Aetna emergency dispatch stuff. There are some users on the conventional LTR part but not what you would need to hear the EMS units.

Good luck if you want to try to listen to it.

chris

Chris0381

Well then I hope you are saving me time by me giving it a try. I read from doing a search on the RR forum

Chris0381

I have to agree. After further review It appears that trying to follow a passport LTR sys is Uneccessary Scanning. Much more complicated than what I read yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.