• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

astro spectra programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

specialopsmedic

Premium Subscriber
I have an 800 astro spectra that I am trying to read/re-program. I have a motorola RIB, the correct cable, but when I read the codeplug it says I don't have the right RSS/CPS version. Can anyone give me a list of the RSS/CPS for an Astro Spectra. I have the Astro 25 CPS and I am assuming it was programmed with an earlier version. Any info will help.

Thanks

jim202

Lets ask the question of which cable are you using to program the radio with?

You can make your own and use the rear DB15 connector. The diagram is in the Batlabs site. Just make sure you use the RIB between the radio and the computer.

The version of CPS I am using is R05.02.00 currently.

jim202

Lets ask the question of which cable are you using to program the radio with?

You can make your own and use the rear DB15 connector. The diagram is in the Batlabs site. Just make sure you use the RIB between the radio and the computer.

The version of CPS I am using is R05.02.00 currently.

SCPD

QRT
The latest and last CPS for the Astro Spectra is 05.03.00. It's best to use a programming cable / rib combo. There is a all in one cable out there so no RIB is needed but I have had issues with that one. The programming / RIB combo has worked all the time. The Astro Spectra Plus uses Astro 25 Mobile CPS.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. I have a small fleet of Astro Spectra radios that need some settings adjusted. They are trunked radios, but I simply need some options adjusted such as display names and scan delay. I've looked all over Google, and can't find anyone able to do my radios. I have an old AstroM RSS, RIB, cable etc, but I don't have an old enough computer to run it on.

If anyone can, or knows a company/person etc that can help, please let me know. I have also contacted the Smithsonian Institue, and have asked them to let me know if they locate a computer, old enough to run my RSS, during their digs for dinosaur bones. :)

I know the whole programming thing is Taboo on RR, but I am not sure where else to find assistance.

Paul

Last edited:

cabletech

If you having that kind of trouble with the software, then you do not have the correct version.

Daywireless has several shop locations in San Diego and for a small fee they can fix you up.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I have a small fleet of Astro Spectra radios that need some settings adjusted.I have an old AstroM RSS, RIB, cable etc, but I don't have an old enough computer to run it on.

Call Motorola, ask to purchase the Astro Mobile CPS and you'll be all set.

You can run it on recent computers without a problem as long as you're not running Windows 7.

You've already to everything else you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.