ATC in Traverse City area ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AirScan

Anyone in the Traverse City area ?

I'm just trying to confirm an ATC frequency. Does Minneapolis Center still transmit on 125.825 in the Traverse City area ? According to the database this is an ultra high sector. Normally 132.425 covers this sector but at times they use 125.825 and I'm wondering if they simulcast on 125.825 when they are using 132.425 as well. Any reception reports appreciated. Thanks.

AirScan

Hi Ronaldski,

Very accurate info here on this site I find

Thanks for the reply. Yeah the AirNav site is good for airport info. but it does not include information on enroute ARTCC data. The best database I've found for this type of info. is located here at Radio Reference.

Minneapolis (ZMP) Air Route Traffic Control Center (ARTCC) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

However it still does not answesr the question I'm looking for info. on.

From the above database there is this entry for Traverse City

125.82500 BM ZMP83 Sector 83 Tomahawk Super Hi

This indicates a Super High sector transmitting from this location. However most of the time this sector is not required and it combines into a high sector using 132.425 from transmitters that are not located at Traverse City.

What I'm specifically wondering is does the controller still transmit from 125.825 when the super high sector is closed and traffic is on 132.425. This information is not in any database but would be easy to confirm from someone in the Traverse City area in range of the transmitter site.

AirScan

How about Military Comms Monitoring MilAir Frequencies HF VHF UHF

I've never found that MilAirComm site very up to date for civilian stuff, for example it doesn't even list 125.825 as a Traverse City frequency. I know the frequency is there or it least was there, I'm just wondering when they use it and how they configure the sectors.

Anyone in Traverse City listen to civil air stuff on here ? Can you hear the controller transmitting on 125.825 while at the same time hear the aircraft reply on 132.425 ? This will answer my question.

Hi Ronaldski,

Thanks for the reply. Yeah the AirNav site is good for airport info. but it does not include information on enroute ARTCC data. The best database I've found for this type of info. is located here at Radio Reference.

Minneapolis (ZMP) Air Route Traffic Control Center (ARTCC) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

What I'm specifically wondering is does the controller still transmit from 125.825 when the super high sector is closed and traffic is on 132.425..

It's optional on the controller's part. Many will un-key the transmiter, and leave the receive in "speaker" mode. i.e., out of their headset.

AirScan

It's optional on the controller's part. Many will un-key the transmiter, and leave the receive in "speaker" mode. i.e., out of their headset.

Thanks for the info. I was aware of that option but didn't think it was used that often. It seems like there are some that transmit all the time when they are not in use ? Is this a system wide thing or are there some stations where it's not an option ?

Status
Not open for further replies.