Audacity - Malware?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blind_Shadow

Feed Provider
I have not seen any mention of this, however when I downloaded 2 weeks ago Audacity software and found it did not work at that time for me.

I left it on my feed computer. When I did some up grades and fine tuning, I found I had 24 infected malware files show up.

I removed them and could not figure out where they came from, even though they were all about the same thing.

I then installed Audacity on this computer and found that it had the same infected malware files that showed up from my feed computer.

To me, this is telling me that the software Audacity is loaded with infected malware files. I do not know if this is something new with Audacity or it has been like this in the past. Audacity has been recommended on several occasions, so this is a major surprise.

-
Admins: If this is not right forum, please move to correct one. Thanks
-

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I have not seen any mention of this, however when I downloaded 2 weeks ago Audacity software and found it did not work at that time for me.

I left it on my feed computer. When I did some up grades and fine tuning, I found I had 24 infected malware files show up.

I removed them and could not figure out where they came from, even though they were all about the same thing.

I then installed Audacity on this computer and found that it had the same infected malware files that showed up from my feed computer.

To me, this is telling me that the software Audacity is loaded with infected malware files. I do not know if this is something new with Audacity or it has been like this in the past. Audacity has been recommended on several occasions, so this is a major surprise.

-
Admins: If this is not right forum, please move to correct one. Thanks
-

I don't know where you downloaded Audacity from, but if you downloaded from anywhere other than Sourceforge, that's your problem. For instance, if you downloaded from CNET, it wouldn't surprise me if you get things coming up as malware. I'd never ever use CNET downloads for anything.

Mike

Blind_Shadow

Feed Provider
I don't know where you downloaded Audacity from, but if you downloaded from anywhere other than Sourceforge, that's your problem. For instance, if you downloaded from CNET, it wouldn't surprise me if you get things coming up as malware. I'd never ever use CNET downloads for anything.

Mike

Thanks Mike, I don't remember for sure, but I do know it was not Sourceforge. I am guessing most likely c-net as they were one of the sites listed.

I will try again from proper place.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.