AWIN Discussion

jhsands

Feed Provider
Has all of AWIN gone Phase 2 / TDMA?
I have BCT396XT and I'm attempting to listen in to MAC / LRPD Dispatch to keep tabs on the crowds so I can avoid them, however it gets stuck on Finding CTRL Channel.
I've tried the East Little Rock Site, Shinal Site, and Little Rock Metro Site and it just sits at finding control channel.
Thanks in Advanced
-Jonathan

BCT396XT probably can't handle the simulcast signal.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
LRPD is full time Encrypted, as is NLRPD. You will never hear them again. Only a few sites are passing TDMA data, but that will be changing over this and next year.

wbswetnam

Fortunately, only a few law enforcement agencies in Arkansas have implemented full-time encryption. A short (and incomplete) list is Little Rock PD, North Little Rock PD*, Conway PD, Russellville PD, Paragould PD, and Malvern PD.

Unfortunately, I live in Russellville. (sigh) At least I can get Arkansas State Police and many of the sheriff's departments in my area.

* NLRPD does have a department provided feed on Broadcastify of its main dispatch channel, but with a huge 30 minute time delay.

cajunjerry

Fortunately, only a few law enforcement agencies in Arkansas have implemented full-time encryption. A short (and incomplete) list is Little Rock PD, North Little Rock PD*, Conway PD, Russellville PD, Paragould PD, and Malvern PD.

Unfortunately, I live in Russellville. (sigh) At least I can get Arkansas State Police and many of the sheriff's departments in my area.

* NLRPD does have a department provided feed on Broadcastify of its main dispatch channel, but with a huge 30 minute time delay.
Why can't someone else provide a feed without the big delay?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Why can't someone else provide a feed without the big delay?
See milf's comment above:
LRPD is full time Encrypted, as is NLRPD. You will never hear them again. Only a few sites are passing TDMA data, but that will be changing over this and next year.
Since North Little Rock PD is encrypted, no one can provide a feed, other than the agency itself.

The feed provided by the department itself, even with a substantial delay, is better than nothing, although what you would hear is not current. Ideally, they would change their Dispatch to clear traffic, while leaving investigational & tactical talkgroups encrypted. But since that has not, and may not, happen, your choices are either to live with the delay, or don't listen at all.

wbswetnam

...your choices are either to live with the delay, or don't listen at all.
Exactly. I'd be delighted to listen to the main dispatch of Russellville PD with a 1/2 hour delay via Broadcastify. But, there's no way the RPD Chief of Police is going to allow THAT to happen.

Drkatzjr45

Emeritus Member
Premium Subscriber
Site 1 - 62, Location still unknown at this point. Showed up in the submitter's Pro06Com or Unitrunker run but full data was not acquired. So far only 3 freqs, no Site NAC, or location yet. Also no data in FCC DB that I can find on this one.

I am mobile today, and what I am hearing (primarily) on Site 62 are “Benton County - Rogers Dispatch Ch 1 04” and Troop L Springdale”

I am not from this area, but I still don’t understand why it is called “Site 62”

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Because it is Site 62 in Zone 1 of the system. Every site reports its RFSS Zone, and Site numbering. Once we have an actual location of the site, or get given the "Alias" we can then put that for the name. But as for the actual numbering, that is an integral part of the system data .

wbswetnam

I'm picking up an unlisted TG off of the Hector tower... 30131. According to the DB, this would belong in the series for Little Rock PD / Tactical Common. The DB lists 30130 as "Tactical 3". Strange thing is, all of LRPDs talk groups are fully encrypted, but this one is in the clear. It seems like I'm only hearing one side of the conversation though, so perhaps some officer has accidentally unenc'ed his radio? One snippet I heard was "Look at that guy in the blue shirt. That's not something you see every day."
I'll keep listening...:coffee:

mshadwick

SharkMadwick
Doe anyone know if they have made any changes to the Rich Mountain Site in Polk County?? I have been receiving it fine since I made changes last year. I was getting full scale reception till a couple of days ago. This morning it totally went off air. Can anyone else in the area hear it??
Mark

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Doe anyone know if they have made any changes to the Rich Mountain Site in Polk County?? I have been receiving it fine since I made changes last year. I was getting full scale reception till a couple of days ago. This morning it totally went off air. Can anyone else in the area hear it??
Mark

This morning, the 16th, there was an alert email that the site was going to be down for equipment maintenance between 9am and 2pm.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
I noticed in the last two or three months that the AWIN Alert emails from AWIN started having site designators alongside the site name. Upon closer look, the designator letter is the main ASP Troop that the site covers/affects. In other words, B04 Oakland covers ASP Troop B.

I have gone back through my email deleted items and created a Google Spreadsheet of the 17 I could find. I will go out and update this as more alerts come through.

I feel these might should be added to the database site list somehow so that we can see which sites go with each Troop. I realize more than ASP uses AWIN but it appears that is how they are labeling them. Since the site list can be sorted by the Site column, maybe this designator could be added at the beginning of each site so that sorting would put the Troops together (currently Oakland has 056 (38) in the site column).

Here is the spreadsheet thus far: AWIN Sites

@milf Could these be added to that column, please?

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
I noticed in the last two or three months that the AWIN Alert emails from AWIN started having site designators alongside the site name. Upon closer look, the designator letter is the main ASP Troop that the site covers/affects. In other words, B04 Oakland covers ASP Troop B.

I have gone back through my email deleted items and created a Google Spreadsheet of the 17 I could find. I will go out and update this as more alerts come through.

I feel these might should be added to the database site list somehow so that we can see which sites go with each Troop. I realize more than ASP uses AWIN but it appears that is how they are labeling them. Since the site list can be sorted by the Site column, maybe this designator could be added at the beginning of each site so that sorting would put the Troops together (currently Oakland has 056 (38) in the site column).

Ask the current AR admins. I am no longer an admin. Good idea though, and once all are id'ed that way will make setting up travel area lists easier for folks.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Ask the current AR admins. I am no longer an admin. Good idea though, and once all are id'ed that way will make setting up travel area lists easier for folks.

Oh sorry - didn't realize you had given up AR (or forgot if I knew at some point).

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Not given up. I was "retired" from being an admin completely. Life goes on.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber

@ericcarlson Please see above.

Also, and I realize unrelated to this thread, I see updates to Stone County AR showing several frequencies that they are still actively using as being changed to 'deprecated'. Not sure if someone submitted that or what but I listen to them regularly and several of the ones changed to deprecated are still actively in use from what I'm hearing. Curious about that...but mostly pointing for the above.