AWIN TG ID Thread 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unknown talkgroup

I'm picking up 22851 on the iron mtn tower in stone county. It's fully incrypted. Anybody have a clue who this is?

davenlr

Premium Subscriber
Ive noticed on the towers map, there are lots of areas that are not included in the "circle" of a site (like the whole city of Benton). Are these actually out of range of the system, or are those just arbitrary circles for programming our scanners?

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Actual coverage for an 800 MHz site is around 20ish miles on flat terrain. Some of the AWIN sites are a lot more with higher elevations on ridge lines, and mountains. Most sites are spaced so that the coverage overlaps. There are a few dead spots, but not as many as one would think. The original mapping that was done is the minimum range areas for GPS mapping.... I have the Google Earth Data if you want to play with it and make an coverage map. To do so you use the old standby mathematical formula, and then take into consideration elevations etc... The footprints will vary from 20 to 30 miles give or take a few.... The 700 MHz sites are actually a bit farther in propagation.

davenlr

Premium Subscriber
Ill pass on the google maps, but appreciate the offer there. I was just curious. When we had a chase from Little Rock to Hot Springs, on our trunked 800 system, we were able to follow the cars about half way between I-30 and Hot Springs going down US70. Our receiver site was on Shinall Mt, and the transmitter was on Ozark Point (top of Cantrell Hill). Was kind of surprised to see how small those circles were.

Since it looks like I am going to have to ship my 536 back to Uniden for a recall, Im trying to find a 436, but they seem to be out of stock almost everywhere. I might just hold off on sending the 536 back until I can procure a 436 with GPS. Think since I travel all over the state every day working, it would be kind of neat to have a GPS on a handheld to do all the work for me.

dbs1023

Ill pass on the google maps, but appreciate the offer there. I was just curious. When we had a chase from Little Rock to Hot Springs, on our trunked 800 system, we were able to follow the cars about half way between I-30 and Hot Springs going down US70. Our receiver site was on Shinall Mt, and the transmitter was on Ozark Point (top of Cantrell Hill). Was kind of surprised to see how small those circles were.

Since it looks like I am going to have to ship my 536 back to Uniden for a recall, Im trying to find a 436, but they seem to be out of stock almost everywhere. I might just hold off on sending the 536 back until I can procure a 436 with GPS. Think since I travel all over the state every day working, it would be kind of neat to have a GPS on a handheld to do all the work for me.

I have never looked into having a gps on a scanner...exactly how does that work?

davenlr

Premium Subscriber
7386 - Mems to University Med Center
54001 - Mems to Baptist North Little Rock (Springhill)
7215 - Mems dispatch (thanks DBS1023)
45005 - Mems to St Vincent LR

Last edited:

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Once you confirm these please make a submission so we keep it all in our records properly etc. TY guys, you are the ears that keep us alive!

davenlr

Premium Subscriber
45010 - Mems to Baptist LR
7216 - Mems 2 ???
37725 - Little Rock Traffic Dept (Traffic/Barricades)
37722 - North Little Rock Street
45002 - Mems to VA Hospital LR

Last edited:

dbs1023

Even though they have not made the switch yet it looks like Pulaski county prim 1 is going to be 44720 and prim 2 will be 44721. I also have the felling the tg labled car to car is actually OEM

Status
Not open for further replies.