Bare min. hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the bare min. hardware wise to start live audio?

What is the cheapest scanner I can do this with?, used, new. I live in Rock County WI (Janesville) and would like to provide a live feed, I have tons of web space, just need cheap hardware as I do not know what scanners can broadcast live.

Thanks
Greg V

hvscan

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9530/5.0.0.328 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Greg, most scanners are capable of being connected to your soundcard. You need to make sure the scanner is appropriate for your area (conventional, trunking, digital). An antenna depends on how far you are from the agency you plan to scan (and feed). An old XP computer will work fine. I would suggest ScannerCast, as feed software. A mono 1/8 to 1/8 cable from Radioshack is also needed.

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9530/5.0.0.328 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Greg, most scanners are capable of being connected to your soundcard. You need to make sure the scanner is appropriate for your area (conventional, trunking, digital). An antenna depends on how far you are from the agency you plan to scan (and feed). An old XP computer will work fine. I would suggest ScannerCast, as feed software. A mono 1/8 to 1/8 cable from Radioshack is also needed.

I was just inquiring about what scanner, I guess I was looking for some cheap suggestions, what scanners, I have everything else

hvscan

Sorry, I misunderstood your question. I will let someone familiar with your area comment on the scanner.

Sorry, I misunderstood your question. I will let someone familiar with your area comment on the scanner.

Sorry I am new to this, I think I do not need a truncking scanner, looks like everything in my area digital because I have never seen the "T" on the screen my new Pro-107 scanner.

Hope this helps

djmusic1666

Sorry I am new to this, I think I do not need a truncking scanner, looks like everything in my area digital because I have never seen the "T" on the screen my new Pro-107 scanner.

Hope this helps

hi there janesvillegreg well you got the pro 107 . you should be all set and good to go . all you need to do is program your 107 for your area . with win500 and a member ship to the R&R data base. which will make it most easy to program your pro 107 scanner. and then after you do all that grab the other software. thats need such as shoutcast or one of the other aduio software packages . which is listed in the R&R wikki area of the forums and then apply for you feed to be on here . and then once thats all done you should be all good to go . hope this helps you out more better

don

richtidd

Database Admin

Hope this helps

Best is for you to look as the RR Data Base for Rock County to see what you want to feed:
Rock County, Wisconsin (WI) Live Police, Fire, and EMS Scanners on RadioReference.com

Some agencies are conventional where a basic non trunking scanner scanner will do.

Some agencies are digital trunked where you will nee to have a Digital Trunking scanner. They are in the $500 price range new.

Status
Not open for further replies.