bases are wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

immelmen

for what its worth......

The base freqs listed in the database for the DC UHF trs are wrong. They may work for a scanner but not in MOTO radios....if it works in your scanner dont fix whats not broken.....but if you use motorola or you are just a perfectionist, then the bases are not correct......

the easy way to tell.....in moto systems, the base must be lower then the lowest freq used by the system. So the base and lowest freq being the same as shown in the database is not possible.... if you tried entering those bases in motorola programing software you would get an error code telling you the range is not vallid.....

Last edited:

Dewey

immelmen said:
for what its worth......

The base freqs listed in the database for the DC UHF trs are wrong. They may work for a scanner but not in MOTO radios....if it works in your scanner dont fix whats not broken.....but if you use motorola or you are just a perfectionist, then the bases are not correct......

the easy way to tell.....in moto systems, the base must be lower then the lowest freq used by the system. So the base and lowest freq being the same as shown in the database is not possible.... if you tried entering those bases in motorola programing software you would get an error code telling you the range is not vallid.....

1) Since this is a scanning forum and not a /\/\oto forum, name one scanner where the listed data will be a problem.

2) If this was a /\/\oto forum, since the math has already been done, rectifying the problem should not be that hard.

Dewey

immelmen

Dewey said:
1) Since this is a scanning forum and not a /\/\oto forum, name one scanner where the listed data will be a problem.

2) If this was a /\/\oto forum, since the math has already been done, rectifying the problem should not be that hard.

Dewey

1. Im sorry, I dont see anywhere where it says this is a scanning forum but rather a "Forum for discussing Radio Information in the Washington DC Area" ...that would include moto, and a lot of equipment that would require accurate information to program. People using such equipment come to the database for info too.......

2. i was simply pointing out the error in a database that many refer to to program all sorts of radio equipment. and as far as im aware the math only gives possibilities but cannot name the actual base (needed for programing commercial grade equipment) chosen buy the DC ems.

Thats all.

Last edited:

gesucks

Out of PLACE

immelman, your comments are out of place here, from reading your past posts it is clear you are are ILLEGALLY programing you XTS3000 to ILLEGALLY monitor the DC MPD system. This forum is not the place to support your efforts.

BOTTOM Line.. you want to listen to them legally, buy a scanner or apply to MPD

AND i can tell you that THERE IS no one from DC EMS or other DC agency, that deppends on looking at this board to program the department radios.

immelmen

WOW......well, i guess im sorry for trying to be helpful. Im not going to get into mud-slinging, but i never said anything about DC officials using the database for there own info--thats silly. however no one can deny there is a very diverse group of people that use the database often.

BOTTOM LINE...the data base is wrong.

Moderator: if my comments are out of place, please delete entire thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.