Battery pack

Status
Not open for further replies.

UFD

Is there any kind of charger available that you can put the battery pack from a Whistler 1040 in to charge the batteries. As many have mentioned it is better to charge the batteries outside of the scanner which I have been doing and swapping battery packs. I bought a 2nd pack to have a spare, but thought it would be nice to have a separate charger that you could just slid the pack into after removing from Scanner.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
I guess one could 3D print some kind of holder/adapter, but I personally prefer the Panasonic charger (Eneloop), or any other that handles each battery individually and up to four or more at a time in the holder. Still, not everyone has the same manipulation capability. A few years back I had surgery and temporarily loss the use of an arm. Even then I was able to easily manipulate the holder in order to remove, recharge, and replace each battery.

I have six handhelds that use the same battery holder, so I see the convenience. Still, I prefer each battery cell to be charged individually.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
That is one of the main advantages of an external charger. Charging cells in a pack does not give balanced charges or allow for cell conditioning.

UFD

Thank you both very much. The charger and the 2 holders works good, I will stick with that. I have to say this is the first scanner I have had that after charging all night, the charge doesn’t last the day. In the case of the Whistler it lasts less than a hour, that said, thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.