BC125AT: BC125AT Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ab5r

I have purchased a used BC125AT scanner and I fully realize that it is a "dated" scanner. Therefore, much of the information online is also dated. I am using Windows 10-64 version and the "old" information references suggest needing a driver for Windows 7. Of course, I do not have Windows 7.

QUESTION: Do I need a driver for Windows 10? If so, where may I find it? The driver file for Win.7 was an ".INF" file which I do not know HOW to install if one is needed.

QUESTION: I would also like a computer software program to program the scanner. What is recommended for that?

Thank you for replies.
Jerry

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
I am using the Arc software on Windows 10 Home and Pro without any problem with drivers. I just retired my Win 7 machine, but it worked fine there and the driver has never been an issue.

ab5r

Thanks to each of your replies! Jaspence, I like your suggestion of ARC125 software.& what I'll go with.

Like i said the scanner and informational data is date, but so am I and need the easiest, simplest method that I can find.

Thanks again,
Jerry

cfsimmont

Premium Subscriber
Running Win10 here as well with ARC125 and no problems, SCAN125 is a cool program for controlling the scanner by your PC. The BC125AT is only "dated" in the fact that it does not handle any frequencies above 512mhz, or any digital. If you are in a area where there is plenty of conventional communications that you want to monitor then its well suited. I have the SDS100 and have found that where it excels on digital systems especially simulcast it is rather disappointing on conventional vhf/uhf so I use the 125AT for that purpose. Most of the complaints that I have heard about the 125AT is that someone bought one thinking they could use it to monitor their local Police, Fire, EMS, etc without doing the research to find out what they really needed in the way of a scanner. Not much different in buying a 2 wheel drive vehicle and complaining that it can't handle dirt trails where a 4x4 is needed.

ab5r

UPDATE: While installing ARC125, I got to the part where they wanted to install the drivers. Sure enough my version of Windows 10 would not accept "unsigned" drivers and I had to got to the other route. As with my usual luck, that did NOT work either! I was wondering if I had successfully installed or not.

I tried downloading from the scanner and that worked. So, I entered a few more frequencies and uploaded successfully. YEAH

I guess that I am OK now. MANY THANKS to ALL

Jerry

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Have fun! The Snow Birds (Canadian Air Team) will be here in a couple of weeks, and the 125 will be my radio for the airshow at Willow Run Airport. If you are an airshow/airplane enthusiast and haven't heard of Willow Run, look it up and see how it was an important part of American history.

RCjim

Premium Subscriber
It may be dated but it’s a top performer, when at an air show or watching trains my SDS100 stays in my car and I have my 125 in my hand! Yes the SDS100 does a good job with the right antenna but as I said the BC125AT AT is a great radio!!
Good luck and have fun 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.