bc296d

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huntingdeer24

Ok I'm about to buy this scanner.now my question,I know nothing about all this high tech digital stuff. The police department I'm going to be listening to is gardendale pd and jefferson county.its in alabama.they are digital.the scanner does not come with a cord.it will have to wait.i will have to program by hand.is it hard and all I see on the freaq on the database on here is dec and hex.am I able to do this on this scanner?

JamesO

Ok I'm about to buy this scanner.now my question,I know nothing about all this high tech digital stuff. The police department I'm going to be listening to is gardendale pd and jefferson county.its in alabama.they are digital.the scanner does not come with a cord.it will have to wait.i will have to program by hand.is it hard and all I see on the freaq on the database on here is dec and hex.am I able to do this on this scanner?

If the scanner does not the latest firmware update then it will have a problem with re-banded trunk systems. I did not look up the systems you plan on monitoring so not sure this is an issue for you, but the scanner should really have the latest firmware.

The programming cable will be needed for the firmware update.

As for programming by hand, this 296D is not too bad to program by hand, but like anything, software makes it a bit easier overall.

I have a 296D that I need to update the firmware on as I have not seen my cable for a few years, need to find the box or drawer the cable disappeared into!

JamesO

If no APCO25 card, do not buy it. Cards are way too hard to find and expensive

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

teufler

open the battery compartment, you should see a cloth tab that connects to the card,if you have one. That was an option, some had one, some did not. Card is under the back case cover with the cloth tab hanging down.Scaner does good on apco 25 level I, also lts, edacs, As you have read, its programmable by hand, takes some time but doable.

Status
Not open for further replies.