BC346XT help..

Status
Not open for further replies.

drew92

Hello all, first I'd like to thank you for taking the time to read this in the first place. I am a first time scanner user/owner and may be in over my head. I just purchased a Uniden BC346XT Portable Scanner and really do not know how to use/program it. I've been attempting too for a few hours now and have not been able to acomplish anything more than listening to some of the preset stations (luckily I live in Houston, Tx so there were several presets to chose from). I've attempted to upload some frequencys to my scanner using ARC XT with no luck at all. Each attempt is met with a message reading something along the lines of Serial not available or already in use else where. Any advice or help y'all could offer woild be great, even if it's just telling me to return item!

Thank you again,
Drew

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Drew this article from our wiki (note that all links are blue) covers just about everything you need to know to get started...

Program your DMA Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

Of particular importance are the Easier to Read manuals. They're all linked at the bottom. Get the one for the 346XT - that should be your first step

HTH...Mike

dshafer1

Premium Subscriber
Hello all, first I'd like to thank you for taking the time to read this in the first place. I am a first time scanner user/owner and may be in over my head. I just purchased a Uniden BC346XT Portable Scanner and really do not know how to use/program it. I've been attempting too for a few hours now and have not been able to acomplish anything more than listening to some of the preset stations (luckily I live in Houston, Tx so there were several presets to chose from). I've attempted to upload some frequencys to my scanner using ARC XT with no luck at all. Each attempt is met with a message reading something along the lines of Serial not available or already in use else where. Any advice or help y'all could offer woild be great, even if it's just telling me to return item!

Thank you again,
Drew

Hello, Drew and welcome to RR! I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the majority of Houston Public Safety is migrating to P25 phase II TDMA and the 346XT is not capable of receiving this system. The only scanner on the market that is capable of receiving this system is the GRE PSR-800. As you may or may not know, GRE is out of business and there is a limited supply of these scanners available.

The 346XT is a great scanner, but unfortunately you will be limited to what you can listen to in your county.

Regards,

David

Status
Not open for further replies.