BC346xtc the wave of the future

Status
Not open for further replies.

CommJunkie

As radio systems become more advanced and complex, so do scanners. If you are looking for an old analog-only, conventional-only scanner, used is probably all you're going to find.

captncarp

EditAttach

BC346XTC
The BC346XTC is functionally the same as the BC346XT with the following exceptions: • In order to comply with California Energy Commission rules, the battery charging function has been removed.
• Rechargeable batteries are not included with the product.
• The battery charge time option has been deleted.
• The battery select switch has been removed from the battery compartment.
For all other features and operation, refer to the instructions for the BC346XT.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Yes and don't use that fork, you may jam it in your mouth :roll:

I'm waiting for the BC346HC (hello kitty) version. :twisted:

HiVolt

Feed Provider
BC346XTC
The BC346XTC is functionally the same as the BC346XT with the following exceptions: • In order to comply with California Energy Commission rules, the battery charging function has been removed.
For all other features and operation, refer to the instructions for the BC346XT.

So wait... let me get this straight... they'd rather you use 100's of disposable batteries over the product's lifetime rather than eco friendly rechargeables? Don't they know how quickly these units consume batteries?

How arse backwards is that, especially for California?

scannersnstuff

So wait... let me get this straight... they'd rather you use 100's of disposable batteries over the product's lifetime rather than eco friendly rechargeables? Don't they know how quickly these units consume batteries?

How arse backwards is that, especially for California?

my sentiments xactly !. sense ?.

captncarp

BC346XTC

I guess I should not have put the model name in lower case.
That is certainly a interesting prospective "If I can't GOOGLE it it doesn't exist."
I found a explanation on a Uniden site right away, with very little effort and it never occurred to me to "Google"
I just was wondering if this type of scanner was going to be sold only in California? Or is this the way all portables will be in the future for all of us.
Will the rest of Uniden handhelds be modified to this?

HiVolt

Feed Provider
One can always use an external charger and use rechargeables, but I don't see the point of removing the internal charging system as it's very convenient.

If they do this with the rest of the portables, it will make the older models more valuable for resale.

QDP2012

Source please

EditAttach
BC346XTC

Please provide detailed source information--website product-page link, or scan of manual cover, etc.

RepomanGP

Premium Subscriber
I don't see anything listed on Uniden's website about a new BC346XTC model. Even if it is true, I'd say it's probably more of a cost-saving measure than anything else. Instead of redesigning the BC346XT's charging circuitry to meet the compliance conditions as set by the State of California, they just removed (or more likely disabled) the unit's ability to charge batteries. You can always buy yourself an external charger and charge all the batteries you want.

Last edited:
D

DaveNF2G

Somebody must have been pretty high to have had this brainstorm. Hey, wait, XTC = Ecstasy! That explains everything!

Status
Not open for further replies.