BC996T Proper use of CC function

Status
Not open for further replies.

HenryDavid

Not the technical sort, but I did manage to correctly program my scanner 8 years ago. With Sheriff, local PD and Fire and Rescue in three separate banks have been working fine for all that time, but now they have changed the radio system somehow and only the Fire guys are working, the others have been silent for days.

When putting in another frequency, should one remove the existing frequencies?

Thanks

marksmith

Not enough info to help you. What system sre you trying to receive?

Putting another frequency into what?

What existing frequencies?

Police may have encrypted?

Not enough to go on to answer your question.

536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

HenryDavid

St. Lucie Motorola system

Thanks for the reply gentlemen, and pardon my vague post.

I have also posted regarding this on the Florida threads. St. Lucie County Motorola system has been in my scanner for about 8 years. About a week ago it went silent, and I did hear the dispatcher advising units to get the new radios.

I had the system divided into 4 different parts: Sheriff, Fort Pierce police, Port St. Lucie police, and EMS.

3 of the 4 are now silent, but EMS is still functional.

From information here at RR, I have attempted to edit the CC frequency only, leaving ID and Talk Group ID the same.

Can I merely edit the existing system with a new CC, or must I start a new system, changing all information?

Can I merely add a new CC to the list of prior CC, or must I delete the old CC freqs?

Thanks for any help.

Yes, I have wondered if they went to an encrypted system, and do not know the answer to that yet. I'm assuming that sooner or later the full information will be made public and discussed here at RR.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
If new radios are needed, then you will need to program the new system from scratch. If the new system is digital, and it probably is (most likely P25), you will need a new scanner.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
If the new system is digital, and it probably is (most likely P25), you will need a new scanner.

I assume that what you actually meant to say was: "If the new system is using P25 Phase II (TDMA) talkgroups, you will need a new scanner as your 996T is only capable of decoding P25 Phase I (FDMA) talkgroups."

Of course if the talkgroups are indeed encrypted, then it's moot, as no scanner is capable of decrypting them.

Status
Not open for further replies.