BCD325P2 Menu screen

N4GEX

Premium Subscriber
Last summer I bought a used 325P that had the exact same problem. It was very intermittent. I tried reprogramming & resetting it, but the menu flickering always came back. I finally took the thing apart and poked around the innards a bit. I don't recall exactly what I did in there (probably re-seated a connector or two), but afterwards the problem was gone.

tvengr

Last summer I bought a used 325P that had the exact same problem.
Did your display flicker all of the time or only on the menus? If only on the menus, you have obviously found the problem. Connectors and pins expand and contract with a change in temperature.

N4GEX

Premium Subscriber
It was mainly the menu, but sometimes it would happen when I pressed the function knob to change the volume. It was maddening. All is well now.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Premium Subscriber
Forget the heat gun. I have seen melted wiring harnesses. A hair dryer is sufficient.
"Heat gun" being the tool used to heat individual SMD devices for desoldering, but with the temperature turned down to 100C or so. Not the large standalone handheld heat gun that would melt the entire device...

kayleesdad

Premium Subscriber
All the menu screens finally disappeared permanently. Reflashed the firmware, hard reset the scanner several times.

Off to uniden for warranty repair.