BCD325P2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jr3792

I recently bought a 325P2 because I wanted something more compact then my 436HP. My town uses a p25 phase 2 system (link posted below). My problem is it's not receiving any data from the system. It works at my house but once I leave that's it. I was literally at the site and it would not scan or lock on a data channel. Most of the rest of the town it would pick it up for a second then lose it again. This is all in spots where my 436 works perfectly well. I have tried adjusting the squelch settings. To little avail. I normally keep it on 2 because thats what works for my 996p2 and 436hp.

I am using a remtronix 800 mhz antenna.

It works at my house but once I leave that's it.
I live in the Cromwell area and also have a 325P2. I am using the stock antenna.

I have no problem hearing them here. It must be the scanner if the 996P2 works fine with the same file.

jr3792

I live in the Cromwell area and also have a 325P2. I am using the stock antenna.

I have no problem hearing them here. It must be the scanner if the 996P2 works fine with the same file.

So what settings are you using? And where did you get the file from I didn't use my 996 file just downloaded from rr

jr3792

I don't download from RR. I use Freescan and enter the info manually.

What Control Channels are you using?
I don't use freescan anymore because it doesn't support dmr I use proscan.

As far as control channels I don't know how I would designate that in the scanner but I have 2 sites one with all the frequencies one with just the .0625 frequency which is the only control channel.

857.0625c is the active Control Channel.

If the scanner works from home, the programming must be correct.

jr3792

Yes that's the one. Like I said it's in there but I don't think you can designate it as such in the scanner.

Update:
After more than an hour, I am hearing the Control Channel but not receiving any voice traffic. Hate to suggest it, but maybe they are encrypted.

I'll keep monitoring. Anyone else?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
This is a simulcast system, according to the database. That is going to give your scanner fits. Only the SDS100 and 200 have shown any real promise when scanning these systems.

You might want to try putting attenuation on that system. While I know that seems counter-intuitive, you might be receiving too much signal from more than 1 tower at a time (yes before I get jumped on, that is a highly oversimplified description of the problem).

Mike

jr3792

Update:
After more than an hour, I am hearing the Control Channel but not receiving any voice traffic. Hate to suggest it, but maybe they are encrypted.

I'll keep monitoring. Anyone else?

So they definitely are not encrypted I do listen to this system regularly on 3 different scanners. Just seems this one has issues on the road.
No they are not encrypted by any stretch only 4 channels in the whole system are. I listen to it every day on 3 other scanners and this one when I'm home. Just on the road.
This is a simulcast system, according to the database. That is going to give your scanner fits. Only the SDS100 and 200 have shown any real promise when scanning these systems.

You might want to try putting attenuation on that system. While I know that seems counter-intuitive, you might be receiving too much signal from more than 1 tower at a time (yes before I get jumped on, that is a highly oversimplified description of the problem).

Mike

So I will try this but this is not simulcast like most bigger systems. The other two sites only carry the control channel. And like I said above I have 2 996p2's and a 436hp that will receive just fine. But hey maybe it will help

tvengr

Well Known Member
From looking at the RR database, I would assume that it is a Harris system where any frequency can be used as a control channel. You should have only a single site with all 6 of the system frequencies.

Reactions: wtp
It is a Harris system. An old friend of mine spec'd it out and oversaw the install for the town.

I used to be able to monitor it - but haven't in a while. We'll have to wait and see what jr3792 says.

I can hear the data on the CC clearly from here.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If it is a Harris system, don't you need to program all the channels, regardless of what is marked in the db? Mike

tvengr

Well Known Member
If it is a Harris system, you have to enter all frequencies in the site since any frequency can be used as the control channel. I assumed it was a Harris system since all frequencies were listed as the control channel or alternates.

Status
Not open for further replies.