BCD325P2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mags97

Yeah it’s showing now on my scanner the systems and groups after I programmed the last file. I’ll take a picture

mags97

Sorry it took so long to post the picture, but I haven’t heard anything all day on it. I don’t know what’s the deal. Could it be encrypted like the other person said or something else? If it is encrypted how do I get it unencrypted?

mags97

I noticed it says ID scan rather than ID search. That may be the problem... how do I change that

mags97

Nevermind I did it. I notice that some frequencies make a rapid noise then stops, what does that mean

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Nevermind I did it. I notice that some frequencies make a rapid noise then stops, what does that mean
When one of these make a 'rapid voice', but then it stops, that might possibly be due to encryption. See if you can catch a glimpse of ENC briefly on the display.
I noticed it says ID scan rather than ID search. That may be the problem... how do I change that

To toggle the trunked system back to ID Search, pres the Func key, then the Scan/Srch key.

mags97

I don’t see the ENC on the screen when it does the noise. Should I just take it back since it’s not picking up anything :(

ScubaJungle

Im pretty sure youre issueis that the county has moved from that analog system to a P25 system, and is alsoencrypted.
If theyre on another system altogether, it would explain why youre not seeing "ENC" plus not hearing anything, besides the occasional dispatch that may be rebroadcast on the old analog channels.
The link that hiegtx posted shows people in your area confirming this.
No scanner will be able to listen to encryption, so you'd have to find a neighboring county that isn't encrypted that you can still pick up, or find another industry to listen to (planes, rail, business, hospitals,etc). It sucks, but it is what it is

Status
Not open for further replies.