BCD325P2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mags97

I recently bought a BCD325P2 for my mom on Mother’s Day but I have no idea how to program it. I tried watching multiple videos on how to and also downloading free scan but it still doesn’t work. My county uses p25 mode, and I just neeeeeed help!!!

mags97

Bainbridge, Georgia. Decatur County. I want to monitor police dispatch, 911 and EMS dispatch if possible

tvengr

Well Known Member
Here is a file for you to try. Save the attached zipped file to your computer and extract. Open the extracted file with FreeSCAN and Upload Programming. Highlight Erase All Systems & Settings and Start Upload. System is on quick key 1.

Attachments

• Decatur Co GA.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 11

mags97

ok I did it and it programmed, but it isn't saying anything. Could it be that my area is having a slow day or something else?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
View attachment 84642

When I hit scan it makes a beep noise, but doesn’t do anything
Based on comments in this thread, in the Georgia Regional Forum, Decatur County may have moved to a P25 trunked system.

See the link to a Facebook post in this post.

Starting at this post, and and continuing reading in the same thread, other comments involve both the site, and that the talkgroups were encrypted.

These posts were from late 2017, and I did not find anything more recent. I would suggest that you request your thread be moved to the Georgia forum. To do that, do not create a new thread. Instead, click on the Report in the lower left corner of one of your posts, and request that a moderator move your thread to the state forum. Someone in the area would be more likely to see it there.

Attached is a modified FreeSCAN file. I added Talk & Tac frequencies not in the file posted earlier.

Also in the attached file, I have included the trunked system in question. There are no Decatur County specific talkgroups listed, but perhaps none have been submitted because encryption makes it hard to identify usage. I have set the system to ID Search mode. Your 325P2 would stop on talkgroups not in the database, though only showing the TGID, not a text tag. If a talkgroup is encrypted, your 325P2 should skip it entirely, or pause only briefly before moving on.

Attachments

• Decatur Co.zip
    2 KB · Views: 4

mags97

OKay I programmed the zip file you gave me. It shows a couple connection bars on a couple frequencies, but I don't hear nothing on any of them. Hopefully I'll get it working some time. Thank you for your help. More help is appreciated!

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Hopefully, someone in your area can offer additional information & suggestions. See if you hear anything on the trunked system tomorrow (05/12) on a regular business day.

Good luck!

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
make sure that you are only recieving one control channel, if you are recieving more than one control channel at a time, lock out all the others, and before you ask what a control channel is look in the users manual.

it doesn’t have anything about control channels
The Control Channel basically tells the scanner what frequencies to switch to.

If you aren't receiving anything on the Control Channel, you won't receive the System.

Check the Display. You should see the control channel frequency under the scrolling text.

If it just says "NFM", you aren't receiving it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.