bcd396 scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
If I understand your question, you can do it in the free 396t software, or through Freescan.

Like you want it to say your name when you turn it on right?

In the free Uniden software - It's under Miscellaneous, then look for "Opening Screen"

Last edited:

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
Ummmm..... To do what you want to do, you will have to download software that programs your scanner.

2 free options are, Freescan, or the easier to use uniden software BCD396t_USAD from thier site

After DL'ing one of those, it will be easy. Thought, be sure you download the programming in your radio to the software so you don't lose it.

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
Oh, If you have the XT you will need FreeScan. Once you get the software, and cable, set up. Shoot me another PM and I'll walk you though it. (Sorry, I missed your 6:22am post saying xt)

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
Cool, it's under the "scanner" (at the top of the window) then click "Set up scanner options" then its under the "general" tab.

You'll see it on the right side of window.

Sorry I missed your post yesterday morning, the site was having issues with posts.

dispatcher812

Premium Subscriber
Is there a way for this to be done on a 796D? I have the Bearcat programming software but could not fin anything about the message. Will a FreeScan software for my scanner do it?

Never mind, just found the wiki, it will not work with the 796D.

Status
Not open for further replies.