BCD396XT Hold Button Function

Status
Not open for further replies.

e63

After spending what seems like never ending quality time with the Uniden BCD396XT "manual" I have not been able to get the hold button display to disappear. The radio resumes scanning or searching (custom search) but the hold display remains in a blinking mode. Help, any recommendation or suggestions? Thanks e63, Oakland Ca

XTS3000

That's a good one.... I consider myself pretty versed with the 396(X)T, and never have seen the HOLD flash while scanning/searching.

I'd be curious what is causing this to your radio. Got me stumped (wouldn't be the first time tho..)

del1964

Premium Subscriber
You are in system hold mode. Which is a very cool feature by the way whenever you need to hold on a system for reasons such as that's where the "action" is at that moment. And yes, just press and hold the "hold" button while it's scanning and you'll see it display "system hold off".

randybcd396t

Premium Subscriber
There may be other ways, but you can exit the system hold by:

pressing the hold button (as mentioned by del1964)
pressing the scan button

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Pressing SCAN does not exit system hold. Only holding HOLD for 3 seconds will turn off system hold.

e63

THANKS to all for your constructive comments. Problem solved "Just push the "HOLD" button down for three seconds when in scan mode, flashing hold disappears. e63

randybcd396t

Premium Subscriber
Pressing SCAN does not exit system hold. Only holding HOLD for 3 seconds will turn off system hold.

My mistake. I was referring to HOLD, not SYSTEM HOLD.

Actually, I did not know about SYSTEM HOLD. It is a cool feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.