BCD396XT Programming Question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rowlf914

Hi all,

I have a BCD996XT which I programmed using Freescan. I have purchased a BCD396XT so I can have a scanner at work or on the go, and it should arrive by Friday. I understand that they are pretty much the same unit, one is simply an HT. Can I use the programming file I have from Freescan for the 996XT on the 396XT? I want to at least start out with the same programming on both since I have my 996 the way I want it.

Thanks
73 de N0QIO, Dave
Terre Haute, Indiana

tvengr

Well Known Member
You can use the same file for both scanners. There are separate settings for the backlight on the base and handheld scanners. Under the Scanner tab, go to Setup Scanner Options/General tab.

dispatch235

Premium Subscriber
I use the same file for my bcd396xt, 996xt, and 996p2....the only difference is as tvengr said in the Scanner Options there are a couple settings for the handheld for battery saver, battery type etc ... and the opening text just change the model number to whichever scanner you are uploading to so it matches (or create your own text that will be the same for both on power up)

rowlf914

Thanks, everyone. I did plan on downloading that data from the 996, sending it to the 396, making the changes needed and then saving the new file as a 396 file. Unfortunately there has been a delay by the USPS so I didn't get me 396 today. Hopefully tomorrow. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.