Bcd436 Programming cable v.s. Sdcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

wesley2099

I just bought a bcd436 an have loaded new favorite lists and updated firmware to scanner using the programming cable and the sentinel software everyone on here seems to be using the micro sd card for that does it make a difference on the memory/speed of scanner if I'm not putting the card into my computer to update and program any help would be appreciated.

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
I don't think it makes a difference. Either way is the same speed in my opinion. Well, maybe using a card reader is a bit slower since you have to remove the micro sd from the radio. :) I always use the cable.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I just bought a bcd436 an have loaded new favorite lists and updated firmware to scanner using the programming cable and the sentinel software everyone on here seems to be using the micro sd card for that does it make a difference on the memory/speed of scanner if I'm not putting the card into my computer to update and program any help would be appreciated.

When I first installed my pre-programmed (meaning: one I'd made before receiving the scanner) SD card into the 436, I realized how much of a pain in the *** it would be to take it in and out of the radio when performing a card swap or programming task. That little hinged flap has the potential to get wrecked in an instant. So, I have done programming via cable ever since, with no problems and no excessive delays. UPMan said at one point in the early threads on the matter that transfer speed would appear to the user to be greatly increased compared to the HP1.

detroit780

Silent Key
Database Admin
Memory Card

I removed the card each time for a week or two till the little door fell off. It slid back on easy enough but I then decided to use the cable and was pleasantly surprised how fast it was using the cable. Unlike the PSR-800 which takes forever to program via the cable.

The first day I opened up the 436 I thought what a dumb design putting the card under the batteries. I was so used to the PSR just popping out with a press of the card after removing the battery cover.

Once I started using the cable I then realized it wasn't a dumb design at all. Uniden didn't need to remove the card since the cable transfer rate was so fast. They could worry more about protecting the card.

When I first installed my pre-programmed (meaning: one I'd made before receiving the scanner) SD card into the 436, I realized how much of a pain in the *** it would be to take it in and out of the radio when performing a card swap or programming task. That little hinged flap has the potential to get wrecked in an instant. So, I have done programming via cable ever since, with no problems and no excessive delays. UPMan said at one point in the early threads on the matter that transfer speed would appear to the user to be greatly increased compared to the HP1.

Status
Not open for further replies.