BCD436HP/BCD536HP: BCD436HP avoiding DMR/NXDN

jester95

I put several DMR/NXDN systems into separate Favorites List(s). However when I turn on the scanner it avoids them all. Is this because the scanner is missing the appropriate DMR/NXDN key(s)?

This did not happen for EDACS system.

I checked for previous threads but didn't see this specific question.

jester95

Then you will not hear them until you do
Understand....I won't be able to hear them without the key. My question....is it normal for the scanner to "avoid" these channels/TGID's in its current state?

Perhaps its a feature if the (DMR/NXDN) key is not present?

Are they being "avoided" because the key is not there?

Last edited:

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
Understand....I won't be able to hear them without the key. My question....is it normal for the scanner to "avoid" these channels/TGID's in its current state?

Perhaps its a feature if the (DMR/NXDN) key is not present?

Are they being "avoided" because the key is not there?

If I am not mistaken, think of it like service types.
You may have a bunch of TGs programmed, but if any of their service type aren't 'checked', it will simply ignore them.
I'd bet the same goes here...(?)

I guess the big question is: why bother programming them if you don't have the key(s)?????

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
If system(s)/site(s)/TGIDs are programmed in and all applicable service types are turned on, pretty certain that without the modes activated you'd still hear data emissions like this or this (LOUD! turn speaker(s) down) as opposed to decoded audio during a scan. All of my Unidens have had the paid upgrades activated for years so I'm unable to verify this presently...

jester95

So when I didn't have the paid upgrade the scanner would initially "avoid" anything I didn't pay the upgrade for.

I could remove the avoids and it would scan DMR entries but would never it was like there were no transmissions.

I have since paid/installed the for the DMR key. So I guess its normal for the scanner to "avoid" DMR entries until DMR key is entered.

Thanks for everyone's reply.