BCD436HP/BCD536HP: BCD436HP Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

TacSupport1

Premium Subscriber
I apologize if this has been discussed before, I did a search and couldn't find anything.

Is there a nylon case in development that will be released soon or is there one available now for the BCD436HP?

Usually, I can find cases on Scanner Master, but are there other vendors that sell model-specific scanner cases?

Thanks for your help
Seth G.

VE6BRW

Be very very carful with using a case with the 436, most people would attach the case&radio to their hip and hanging a $600.00 boat anchor will most likely cause some sort of back problems and could possibly lead to spinal surgery......... :)

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Be very very carful with using a case with the 436, most people would attach the case&radio to their hip and hanging a $600.00 boat anchor will most likely cause some sort of back problems and could possibly lead to spinal surgery......... :)

Hanging a 536 on your belt might cause that, but the 436 practically lives on mine & no issues with back pain. ;)

Now if you tried to put a 895XLT on your belt, that'd definitely mess up your back, not to mention look really weird. LOL

-AZ

plato

BCD436HP Case.

For now, I'am using a gallon size zip lock bag. It offers some protection. ( Better than nothing!) untill something better comes along. Cost: $.20 cents!

TacSupport1

Premium Subscriber
Looks like ScannerMaster released some today, but they are $34.00 for the nylon ones. I had hope they would be cheaper, but I guess ScannerMaster is the only one that makes and sells them

Wally46

Feed Provider
Thanks for the info. I just bought the soft leather case. Never thought I would pay over 40 bucks for a scanner case. 8 bucks of it was shipping.

MesquiteWx

Premium Subscriber
$40 I think is a small price to pay to somewhat protect a $500 item.

Love to hear how the soft leather cases fit when anyone gets one.

I have one from SM for my 396 and while I like it and it is snug, the radio doesn't want to always stay fitted all the way in it sometimes.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Scanner master has 3 different cases, soft leather, hard leather, and nylon. Any recommendations?

Greg

MesquiteWx

Premium Subscriber
IMO I think it is mostly personal preference and how you and where you plan on using the case.

I have the soft leather for my 396 and I like it. It protects it well and it is stylish. Soft leather probably wouldn't be a good choice though if you are very active with it as I could see it probably wearing in time.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
I agree. I didn't think any of them were particularly good looking, but I just bought the soft leather case. I have the same type for my PRO 106 and it has worked great, and I just found out what that bungi cord on the back is there for.

Greg

greggk

Premium Subscriber
I think you are right. I almost bought the hard case, but after looking at my 106 soft case I made up my mind. It may not protect it from a 20 foot fall, but for most small accidents it should work fine. It will keep cosmetic damage off the radio as well. I also have a screen protector on my 436.

Greg

Essexscan

I chose the nylon case and it looks like its the same material as the nylon case for the HP-1 I bought from them. The Hp-1 nylon case is a tough well made case for the price

garys

Premium Subscriber
I ordered the nylon case. I've used them before and they are pretty good. A little spendy, but as others point out, it's a very expensive radio and the case should help keep it from breaking.

spooney

I got my case from Scanner Master today. Went with the hard leather one. I used a similar one when I had a 396xt which was made by American Western. My guess is this one is made by them also. $44.95 shipped is a fair price for me and it is a perfect fit.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Hard Leather, My Recommendation

Scanner master has 3 different cases, soft leather, hard leather, and nylon. Any recommendations?

Greg

I can tell you without the slightest bit of hesitation that a hard case provides more protection than nylon or soft leather. I own a hard case for my digital radio. I have dropped this radio over 100 times & it still works fine. I believe the hard leather case has helped protect my radio.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
I just got my 436 soft leather case from Scanner Master today. Only one MAJOR issue: You cannot see the flashing light on the bottom when the case is on. You would need to pull the scanner up a few inches out of the case to see the light, but then the bottom of the case is empty and it cannot be put down or stand upright.

Did I get the wrong case? The documents with it say 436, but it makes no sense.

Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.