BCD436HP programming help for SW Ontario

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
You'll get more and better responses if you give some hint as to what your problem might be...

gary123

There are a lot of us here who can help. I do understand the members frustration, however PM's are not the desired solution. Others will eventually have the same issues and knowing that a solution exists and how to implement it will make the forums useful to many rather than just one person.

Gymbag, I have several 536 running on all kinds of services here in Southern Ontario. I and several others can help you get your unit going , but your going to have to co-operate a bit. We need the general area your in. What services do you want to listen to? Obviously, FleetNet but what others?

We all assume you have both Sentinel and the programming cable. Do you have any other software such as ARC536?
Are you familiar enough with Sentinel/ or your software to read the 436? From there we can help you set up and load FleetNet and possibly others for your area and TGs.

Gymbag

Premium Subscriber
There are a lot of us here who can help. I do understand the members frustration, however PM's are not the desired solution. Others will eventually have the same issues and knowing that a solution exists and how to implement it will make the forums useful to many rather than just one person.

Gymbag, I have several 536 running on all kinds of services here in Southern Ontario. I and several others can help you get your unit going , but your going to have to co-operate a bit. We need the general area your in. What services do you want to listen to? Obviously, FleetNet but what others?

We all assume you have both Sentinel and the programming cable. Do you have any other software such as ARC536?
Are you familiar enough with Sentinel/ or your software to read the 436? From there we can help you set up and load FleetNet and possibly others for your area and TGs.

Gary, I have no idea of Uniden Bearcat programming. I am familiar with some of the Radio Shack/Whistler programming though. Ideally, I would like someone to help me step by step to get me through this learning curve. Whether it be coming to my place or me bringing my computer/scanner to their place. More of a visual learner here.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
PM if you can please and live in Southwestern Ontario

I have about 10 to 20 files I use. I have about 3 dedicated for the London OPP/MNR, MTOE Dispatch for SW Ontario, you can change around the FleetNet tower sights as you see fit.

I monitor the Brantford and Woodstock towers, you can pick and choose which towers will work for you.

Send me a PM if you are interested

E

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
The BCD436HP is a HomePatrol scanner, thus you should be able to just go to settings set location enter your 3 digit postal code and it'll scan.

You can set range to smaller or larger (suggest like 1 if using included antenna) and service types well that is up to you. It should be really easy on that radio no need to program unless you want to set up Sentinel and program favourites.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Gary, I have no idea of Uniden Bearcat programming. I am familiar with some of the Radio Shack/Whistler programming though. Ideally, I would like some to help me step by step to get me through this learning curve. Whether it be coming to my place or me bringing my computer/scanner to their place. More of a visual learner here.

Do not give up hope and get discouraged. If you gave me a Whistler scanner I'd probably fling it against a wall. Confusing, stupid scanners in my opinion.

Uniden scanners make sense to me, I would never spend any more $ on anything but Uniden. Once you get it everything will fall into place.

What towers can u monitor from your home?

If you prefer to PM, please do. I have some free time tomorrow, maybe.

gary123

It looks like a couple of guys are going to help you through the programming. The database scanning is nice, but tends to cover way too much for the average users needs.

I suggest start with FleetNet. Find out what your local tower is and create a P25 system with just that tower. The same for the TG in use off that tower. EJB is very knowledgeable and he will be able to help you out. Once your done I think a Tim's card may be in order LOL.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
It looks like a couple of guys are going to help you through the programming. The database scanning is nice, but tends to cover way too much for the average users needs.

I suggest start with FleetNet. Find out what your local tower is and create a P25 system with just that tower. The same for the TG in use off that tower. EJB is very knowledgeable and he will be able to help you out. Once your done I think a Tim's card may be in order LOL.

I ask for nothing in return but I'd never turn down a gift..

😁

gary123

I sit corrected. The format using ARC536 is MOT. Thanks slicer for making me double check what I thought I knew :)

Status
Not open for further replies.