BCD436HP question

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do we know if the bcd 436 hp is powering the scanner is there a icon that shows when it's powering the scanner where's it at or how do I turn it on

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
When you connect external power to the USB port, a menu is displayed. That's your indicator.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
He wants an on-screen icon to be displayed when the unit is running on external power.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
When you plug in a live USB cable, the scanner is always on external power. The menu that pops up when you insert the cable allows you to choose between serial (normal scanning) and mass storage (programming) modes.

movinon

Premium Subscriber
Ok I was wondering....I have the 536 but looking to add the 436hp.
Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
i use my verizon usb/wall adapter to power my scanner rather than the usb computer. same #s as the one sold on scannermaster and i luckily had an extra. but, the cord they sent is so damn short. u can use an extension cord of course. be nice if they included a longer cable. i rarely use the wall unit anyway as i have plenty of rechargeable batteries. if i go to a hotel and want to use it as a base in the room, then i may use the wall charger.

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
just had an idea, would it not be cool if uniden made a docking station for the 436. put it in and it not only powers the radio BUT ALSO has a larger screen and speaker. turn this into the best portable and base scanner of all time. hhhhhhhmmmm, should work on this idea and send the work to China so i can afford to make it for a profit. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.