BCD536HP Losing Time & Date

Status
Not open for further replies.

R0am3r

Salt Water Conch
Premium Subscriber
If my new BCD536HP scanner has been unused for a few days, I am forced to enter the time and date at boot time. Since I typically operate my radios on weekends, the 536 sits unused for several days in a row. Is this a known bug or is it a user issue?

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
If my new BCD536HP scanner has been unused for a few days, I am forced to enter the time and date at boot time. Since I typically operate my radios on weekends, the 536 sits unused for several days in a row. Is this a known bug or is it a user issue?

Some other people had that issue. How long did you had the 535HP? Some people are saying plug it in for about 24 hours than it should keep the time/date with no problem. I went on a vacation for just over a week and I unplugged the 536HP while I was gone and I plugged it in Wed night had no problem.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber

As per UPMan's original post on the subject, leave the scanner plugged in and turned on for 50 hours to charge the internal clock battery:

http://forums.radioreference.com/un...cdx36hp-losing-clock-setting.html#post2111946

R0am3r

Salt Water Conch
Premium Subscriber

rvacs

Premium Subscriber
Thanks so glad we have this forum....I was having the same time issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.